Army vs LSU Prediction - College Football Picks 10/21/23
LSU Tigers (5-2) vs Army Black Knights (2-4)
Game Info: Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 7:30 pm (Tiger Stadium)
Betting Odds: LSU Tigers -32.5 -- Over/Under: 59.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: SEC Network Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Army Black Knights and LSU Tigers face off on Saturday in a non-conference college football showdown at Tiger Stadium.
Army Struggling Heading Into This Game
Army started off the season decent but they have really struggled heading into this game. Army has lost three games in a row and in the last game against Troy they failed to score any points. Champ Harris completed 6 of his 13 passes for 63 yards and one interception. One of the only bright spots was Kanye Udoh on the ground and he rushed 18 times for 124 yards. Army on the season is averaging 24.5 points while their defense is giving up 20.2 points per game. The defense is ranked 35th in the league.
Army Betting Trends
- Army has lost five of its last six road games in October.
- Army has failed to cover the spread in each of its last four games as an underdog against AP-ranked teams.
- Eight of Army's last nine games against AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Jayden Daniels for Heisman
The LSU Tigers come into this game with a 5-2 record but if it wasn’t for Jayden Daniels they might be 2-5. In the last game against the Auburn Tigers, LSU scored 48 points and that led to the blowout victory. Daniels had another big game completing 20 of his 27 passes for 325 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. LSU is an elite offensive team averaging 45.3 points per game while their defense is giving up 30.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 3rd best in college football.
LSU Betting Trends
- LSU has won each of its last eight games against non-AP-ranked teams at Tiger Stadium.
- LSU has covered the spread in each of its last seven October games as a home favorite against non-AP-ranked teams.
- LSU has won the first half in each of its last six games against non-conference opponents.
- LSU has won the first quarter in 12 of its last 13 games against non-conference opponents at Tiger Stadium.
- Each of LSU's last 10 games as a favorite have gone OVER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is a huge number to lay, and I think it’s a little too big. The LSU defense isn’t great and I expect Army’s offense to be better here. I also expect Army is going to really try to grind the clock with their running game, and with that it’s going to be hard for LSU to win this game by over four touchdowns. This should still be a pretty comfortable victory, but Army will score just enough to cover the spread. Back Army against the spread.