Ohio State vs Wisconsin Prediction College Basketball Picks 2/13/24
Wisconsin (16-7) vs Ohio State (13-10)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 9:00 pm (Kohl Center)
Betting Odds: Wisconsin -9 -- Over/Under: 139.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Ohio State Buckeyes and Wisconsin Badgers face off on Tuesday in a college basketball showdown at Kohl Center. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Ohio State vs Wisconsin prediction.
Wisconsin is Suddenly Lost
A few weeks ago Wisconsin looked like one of the best basketball teams in the country but since that point they have lost four straight games. In the last game against Rutgers, the offense only managed 56 points while the defense gave up 78 points. Only two players scored in double digits in the last game and that isn’t good enough. The Badgers are averaging 74.3 points while their defense is giving up 68.4 points per game. The offense is ranked 171st and the defense is going to need to be a whole lot better here.
Ohio State Needs This Win
Ohio State in the last game faced off against Maryland in the last and they were able to secure the 79-75 victory. Bruce Thorton is had a strong game putting up 24 points, seven rebounds, and four assists. Ohio State is averaging 75.3 points while their defense is giving up 70 points per game. The offense is ranked 147th in the league while the defense is ranked 128th. Ohio State has had some struggles, but if they were to win this game, maybe it would ball they needed for this team to get hot at the right time. Bruce Thorton is averaging 15.8 points while shooting 41.4 percent from the field.
Wisconsin Badgers Team Facts
- Wisconsin has won each of its last 13 games at Kohl Center against non-AP-ranked opponents.
- Seven of the last eight games between Ohio State and Wisconsin have produced a total of 136 or fewer points.
- Wisconsin has won the first half in 12 of its last 13 games at Kohl Center against non-AP-ranked opponents.
Ohio State Buckeyes Team Facts
- Ohio State has lost each of its last seven night games.
- Each of Ohio State's last seven games against Conference opponents have produced a total of 141+ points.
- Ohio State has lost the first half in four of its last five games against AP-ranked opponents.
- Wisconsin ranks 355th among Division 1 teams for blocks per game this season (1.8).
- Wisconsin ranks 9th among Division 1 teams for opponent steals per game this season (4.7).
- Ohio State ranks T16th among Division 1 teams for opponent steals per game this season (4.9).
- Ohio State ranks 31st among Division 1 teams for free throw percentage this season (76.3%).
Ohio State vs Wisconsin Betting Prediction
The good news for these teams is one of the teams has to win. Ohio State hasn’t been good, but with the way the Wisconsin has played as of late, I am just not sold on them finding success here. Ohio State is averaging 75.3 points and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. This Wisconsin defense has been a problem and Ohio State will find success here. Back Ohio State against the spread.