Elliott's UFC 251 ALL ACCESS TRIPLE HEADER
Holloway vs Volkanovski
Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 9:05 am
- Holloway is a +175 underdog, huge value for a guy who has only been a dog in 1 of his last 10 fights and that was to the champ at the time Jose Aldo.
- Holloway was a -175 favourite when he and Volkanovski squared off in their first matchup.
- Their first fight was an epic 5 round battle with Volkanovski winning the first 3 rounds and Holloway storming back to win the last 2.
- In the first 3 rounds Volkanovski shredded Holloway with legs kicks, in the fourth round Holloway switched to southpaw from orthodox and was able to negate the leg kicks much more effectively. This should give him momentum going into this fight. Expect another close, hard fought battle.
- Currently Volkanovski is #7 in the UFC pound for pound rankings while Holloway is #10. Too much value in Holloway +210 to ignore.
Chris’s Pick Holloway
AUTHOR: Chris Elliott
It has been my experience that the sporting community can be reactive in nature. The typical “band wagon jumping” on who's hot can be effective in the short term but overall it is a strategy that results in lost value.