Hurricanes vs Stars Prediction NHL Picks 2/13/24
Dallas Stars (32-14-6) vs Carolina Hurricanes (30-16-5)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 8:00 pm (American Airlines Center)
Betting Odds: Dallas Stars -130 / Carolina Hurricanes +105 --- Over/Under: 6.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Carolina Hurricanes and the Dallas Stars meet in NHL action from the American Airlines Center on Tuesday night. Who comes out on top in this inter-conference matchup? Let’s dive in and find out with our Hurricanes vs. Stars Prediction.
Carolina Hurricanes Team Preview
The Carolina Hurricanes come into this matchup looking to build on a 1-0 OT win over New Jersey last time out. Sebastian Aho leads the Hurricanes in scoring with 57 points including 19 goals and a team-high 38 assists while Seth Jarvis has 40 points split between 16 goals and 24 assists. Martin Necas has 35 points and Teuvo Teravainen has 34 points with each logging 16 goals as well this season. In goal, Frederik Andersen has gone 4-1 with a 2.87 GAA and an .894 save percentage while Antti Raanta is 12-7-2 with a 2.99 GAA and an .872 save percentage and Pyotr Kochetkov is 13-8-3 with a 2.50 GAA and a .903 save percentage.
Carolina Hurricanes Team Facts
- The Hurricanes have won eight of their last 11 games as underdogs after coming off overtime.
- The Hurricanes have failed to cover the puck line in eight of their last nine games following a home win.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in five of the Hurricanes' last six games against Central Division opponents.
- The Hurricanes have won the first period in four of their last five night games against the Stars following a home win.
Dallas Stars Team Preview
The Dallas Stars will look to build on a 3-2 win over Montreal last time out. Jason Robertson leads the Stars in scoring with 52 points including a team-high 35 assists while Joe Pavelski has 44 points with 19 goals and 25 assists. Roope Hintz has 48 points with a team-high 22 goals of his own and 26 assists and Matt Duchene has 48 points with 30 assists. Jake Oettinger has posted an 18-9-2 record in goal for Dallas with a 2.93 GAA and a .906 save percentage while Scott Wedgewood is 13-5-4 with a 3.08 GAA and a .896 save percentage.
Dallas Stars Team Facts
- The Stars have won each of their last six home games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in each of the Stars' last seven games.
- The favorites have won the second period in four of the last five games between the Hurricanes and Stars at American Airlines Center.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in each of the Stars' last 11 home games.
Hurricanes vs. Stars Prediction
I’m on the under here. These are two teams that are red hot right now and two teams that I really don’t have any interest in stepping in front of, but both have got to where they are because of solid defense and solid goaltending up to this point. I think this has potential to be a 3-2 game whichever way you slice it, so give me the under.