Ducks vs Canadiens Prediction NHL Picks 2/13/24
Montreal Canadiens (21-23-8) vs Anaheim Ducks (18-31-2)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (Bell Centre)
Betting Odds: Montreal Canadiens -142 / Anaheim Ducks +118 --- Over/Under: 6.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Anaheim Ducks will play the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec. Anaheim has won two of their last three games, while Montreal has lost three of their last four. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Ducks vs Canadiens prediction.
The Anaheim Ducks are 18-31-2 this year after they lost to Edmonton by a score of 5-3 in their last game. Anaheim led 3-2 early in the third period, but they allowed three goals in the third for the loss. The Ducks were out shot by a total of 32-27 and went 2-2 on the power play in the game. Anaheim defeated San Jose by a score of 3-2 and Minnesota by a score of 3-2 in the two games prior to Edmonton. The Ducks are scoring 2.57 goals per game and they are allowing 3.43 goals against per game, while going 19% on the power play and 77.7% on the penalty kill. Frank Vatrano has led Anaheim with 22 goals, 16 assists, and 163 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Anaheim is John Gibson, who is 10-19-1 this year with a 3.04 goals against average and a .901 save percentage.
The Montreal Canadiens are 21-23-8 this season after they lost to St. Louis by a score of 7-2 in their last game. Montreal cut the deficit to 2-1 in the first period, but the Blues scored five of the next six goals in the game. The Canadiens were out shot by a total of 36-32 and went 0-3 on the power play in the game. Montreal lost to Dallas by a score of 3-2 in the game prior to St. Louis, but did beat Washington before that. The Canadiens are scoring 2.71 goals per game and they are allowing 3.52 goals against per game, while going 19.4% on the power play and 73.9% on the penalty kill. Nick Suzuki has led Montreal with 17 goals, 31 assists, and 115 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Montreal is Sam Montembeault, who is 12-8-4 this year with a 3.06 goals against average and a .908 save percentage.
Montreal Canadiens Player Prop Facts
- Cole Caufield has scored at least one goal in nine of his last 10 appearances with the Canadiens as favorites.
- Cole Caufield has recorded at least one point in each of his last 10 appearances with the Canadiens as favorites.
- Mike Matheson has recorded at least one assist in each of the Canadiens' last five games.
- Mike Matheson ranks 1st in the Atlantic Division for average time on ice (25:25) this season.
Anaheim Ducks Player Prop Facts
- Frank Vatrano has scored a goal in four of his last five appearances against the Canadiens.
- Adam Henrique has recorded at least one point in each of the Ducks' last seven games.
- Cam Fowler has recorded at least one assist in seven of the Ducks' last eight games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Leo Carlsson ranks T1st amongst rookies for shootout goals (1) this season.
- The Montreal Canadiens rank 30th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (73.91%).
- The Montreal Canadiens rank 29th in the league for goals against per game this season (3.52).
- The Anaheim Ducks rank 29th in the league for goals per game this season (2.57).
- The Anaheim Ducks rank 26th in the league for goals against per game this season (3.43).
Ducks vs Canadiens Betting Prediction
Anaheim comes into this matchup as one of the bottom teams in the NHL, but they have played slightly better over their last five games. The Ducks are 3-1-1 in those five games and they are 10-13-1 on the road this season. Montreal has lost three of their last four games and they are only 10-14-3 at home this year. These two teams are very similar when looking at the numbers for the season, but Anaheim is playing some solid hockey right now. Give me the Ducks on the road here.