Canucks vs Blackhawks Prediction NHL Picks 2/13/24
Chicago Blackhawks (14-35-3) vs Vancouver Canucks (35-12-6)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 8:30 pm (United Center)
Betting Odds: Chicago Blackhawks +180 / Vancouver Canucks -227 --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Vancouver Canucks look for a win after splitting their last 6 games. The Chicago Blackhawks are riding a 6-game losing streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks prediction.
Vancouver Canucks Betting Preview
The Vancouver Canucks rebounded from losses to the Bruins and Red Wings with a win over the Capitals. The Vancouver Canucks are averaging 3.68 goals per game and are scoring on 24.4 percent of their power play opportunities. Brock Boeser leads Vancouver with 30 goals, Quinn Hughes has 53 assists and Elias Pettersson has 140 shots on goal. Defensively, the Vancouver Canucks are allowing 2.58 goals per game and are killing 80.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Thatcher Demko has given up 93 goals on 1,143 shots faced, and Casey DeSmith has allowed 42 goals on 446 shots.
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Preview
The Chicago Blackhawks lost to the Canucks, Kraken, Oilers, Flames, Wild and Rangers during this streak. The Chicago Blackhawks are averaging 2.08 goals per game and are scoring on 12.1 percent of their power play opportunities. Jason Dickinson leads Chicago with 16 goals, Philipp Kurashev has 19 assists and Connor Bedard has 118 shots on goal. Defensively, the Chicago Blackhawks are allowing 3.5 goals per game and are killing 77.2 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Petr Mrazek has given up 99 goals on 1,094 shots faced, and Arvid Soderblom has allowed 73 goals on 573 shots.
Chicago Blackhawks Player Prop Facts
- Connor Bedard has recorded at least one point in each of his last five appearances at United Center.
- Taylor Hall has recorded at least one assist in five of his last six appearances with his team as a home underdog against the Canucks.
- Seth Jones ranks 1st in the Central Division for average time on ice (25:27) this season.
Vancouver Canucks Player Prop Facts
- Brock Boeser has scored a goal in each of the Canucks' last four games at United Center.
- Elias Lindholm has recorded at least one point in seven of his last eight appearances against Central Division opponents.
- Elias Pettersson has recorded at least one assist in four of the Canucks' last five games.
- Elias Pettersson ranks T1st in the league for Game Winning Goals (9) this season.
- The Chicago Blackhawks rank 32nd in the league for goals per game this season (2.08).
- The Chicago Blackhawks rank 32nd in the league in power play percentage this season (12.10%).
- The Vancouver Canucks rank 1st in the league for goals per game this season (3.68).
- The Vancouver Canucks are the only team in the league to rank top 5 for both goals for and goals against per game this season.
Vancouver Canucks vs Chicago Blackhawks prediction
As Ive mentioned many times before, I have no use for the Chicago Blackhawks, a young team that's banged up, can't score and is watching the losses pile up at a crazy rate. The Vancouver Canucks have been one of the more consistent teams in the league this season, and they did shutout the Blackhawks a couple of weeks ago. The Blackhawks have been held to one or fewer goals in 6 of their last 10 games. Give me the Canucks and the PL for max betting value.