Blue Jackets vs Senators Prediction NHL Picks 2/13/24
Ottawa Senators (21-25-2) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (16-25-10)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (Canadian Tire Centre)
Betting Odds: Ottawa Senators -179 / Columbus Blue Jackets +141 --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Columbus Blue Jackets and Ottawa Senators face off on Tuesday in a NHL showdown at the Canadien Tire Centre. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Blue Jackets vs Senators prediction.
What an Awful Season for the Blue Jackets
It’s been an awful season for the Blue Jackets and they are going coming off a loss in the last game. The Blue Jackets faced off against the Tampa Bay Lightning and they were defeated 4-2. The two goals for the Blue Jackets was in the third period but it was a little too late. The Blue Jackets are averaging 2.90 goals while their defense is giving up 3.67 goals per game. The defense is ranked 31st and the defense has been the biggest issue for this team. Johnny Gaudreau has scored seven goals and added 27 assists.
Senators Has Won Three Straight
The Senators have played well heading into this game and they have won three games in a row. In the last game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Senators scored five goals and they ended up winning by two goals. Shane Pinto has scored one goal and added two assists. The Senators are averaging 3.38 goals while their defense is giving up 3.60 goals per game. The offense is ranked 10th in the league and they are going to need the offense to be good here. Tim Stützle has scored 11 goals and added 36 assists.
Ottawa Senators Player Prop Facts
- Brady Tkachuk has scored a goal in four of the Senators' last five games as home favorites.
- Drake Batherson has recorded a point in each of the Senators' last six night games at Canadian Tire Centre.
- Drake Batherson has recorded an assist in each of the Senators' last four home games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- Ridly Greig ranks 1st amongst rookies for Plus/Minus (+19) this season.
Columbus Blue Jackets Player Prop Facts
- Boone Jenner has scored at least one goal in each of his last three appearances against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Zach Werenski has recorded at least one point in seven of his last eight appearances against the Senators.
- Zach Werenski has recorded at least one assist in seven of his last eight appearances against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Alexandre Texier has the most Shorthanded Goals for the Blue Jackets this season (2).
- The Ottawa Senators rank 30th in the league for goals against per game this season (3.60).
- The Ottawa Senators rank 28th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (74.34%).
- The Columbus Blue Jackets rank 31st in the league for goals against per game this season (3.67).
- The Columbus Blue Jackets rank 26th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (76.71%).
Blue Jackets vs Senators Betting Prediction
The Senators have played well heading into this game and they are going to continue the success here. The Senators are averaging 3.38 goals and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. I don’t trust the Blue Jackets offense and even against a bad defense they aren’t going to run up the score here. Back the Senators on the puck line to cash here.