Avalanche vs Capitals Prediction NHL Picks 2/13/24
Washington Capitals (23-20-8) vs Colorado Avalanche (32-17-4)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:00 pm (Capital One Arena)
Betting Odds: Washington Capitals +123 / Colorado Avalanche -154 --- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Colorado Avalanche are riding a 4-game losing streak. The Washington Capitals need a win after losing 7 of their last 8 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Colorado Avalanche vs Washington Capitals prediction.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Preview
The Colorado Avalanche recently lost to the Devils, Hurricanes and Panthers. The Colorado Avalanche are averaging 3.66 goals per game and are scoring on 24 percent of their power play opportunities. Nathan MacKinnon leads Colorado with 32 goals, Cale Maker has 47 assists and Mikko Rantanen has 178 shots on goal. Defensively, the Colorado Avalanche are allowing 3.17 goals per game and are killing 81.6 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Alexandar Georgiev has allowed 126 goals on 1,232 shots faced, while Justus Annunen has given up 8 goals on 70 shots.
Washington Capitals Betting Preview
The Washington Capitals recently beat the Bruins and lost to the Canucks. The Washington Capitals are averaging 2.37 goals per game and are scoring on 14.8 percent of their power play opportunities. Dylan Strome leads Washington with 20 goals, John Carlson has 26 assists and Alex Ovechkin has 167 shots on goal. Defensively, the Washington Capitals are allowing 3.02 goals per game and are killing 80.3 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Darcy Kuemper has given up 83 goals on 781 shots faced, and Charlie Lindgren has allowed 55 goals on 646 shots.
Washington Capitals Player Prop Facts
- Max Pacioretty has scored at least one goal in seven of his last eight home appearances against the Avalanche.
- Alex Ovechkin has recorded at least one point in each of his last eight appearances at Capital One Arena.
- Alex Ovechkin has recorded at least one assist in six of the Capitals' last seven home games against Central Division opponents.
- Anthony Mantha ranks 1st amongst qualified Metropolitan Division players for shooting percentage (19.8%) this season.
Colorado Avalanche Player Prop Facts
- Nathan MacKinnon has scored at least one goal in six of the Avalanche's last seven games as favorites against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- Cale Makar has recorded at least one point in each of the Avalanche's last seven games as favorites.
- Nathan MacKinnon has recorded at least one assist in 30 of the Avalanche's last 35 games as favorites.
- Nathan MacKinnon ranks T1st in the league for multi-assist games (15) this season.
- The Washington Capitals rank 30th in the league for goals per game this season (2.37).
- The Washington Capitals rank 28th in the league in power play percentage this season (14.79%).
- The Colorado Avalanche rank 2nd in the league for goals per game this season (3.66).
- The Colorado Avalanche rank T2nd in the league for power play goals this season (47).
Colorado Avalanche vs Washington Capitals prediction
The Colorado Avalanche are going through their struggles as of late, but they're still comfortably the better team in this matchup, and they've outscored the Caps 13-4 in the last three meetings. The Washington Capitals just can't get their offense going, as they've been held to 3 or fewer goals in 7 of their last 8 games. While on the road, this feels like a good matchup for the Avalanche to get back on track. I have no use for the Capitals in most spots these days. Give me the Avs on the road and the reasonable price.