Flames vs Rangers Prediction NHL Picks 2/12/24
New York Rangers (33-16-3) vs Calgary Flames (25-22-5)
Game Info: Monday, February 12, 2024 at 7:00 pm (Madison Square Garden)
Betting Odds: New York Rangers -156 / Calgary Flames +130 --- Over/Under: 6.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Calgary Flames will play the New York Rangers on Monday night at Madison Square Garden in New York. Calgary has won four games in a row, while New York is also on a four game winning streak. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Flames vs Rangers prediction.
The Calgary Flames are 25-22-5 this year after they defeated the Islanders by a score of 5-2 in their last game. Calgary scored the first three goals in this game and they were able to hold New York off in the third for the win. The Flames were out shot by a total of 37-24 and went 1-1 on the power play in the game. Calgary has also defeated New Jersey, Boston, and Chicago during this winning streak. The Flames are scoring 3.13 goals per game and they are allowing 3.02 goals against per game, while going 15% on the power play and 84.4% on the penalty kill. Nazem Kadri has led Calgary with 16 goals, 28 assists, and 167 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Calgary is Jacob Markstrom, who is 17-13-2 this year with a 2.55 goals against average and a .915 save percentage.
The New York Rangers are 33-16-3 this season after they defeated Chicago in overtime by a score of 4-3 in their last game. New York blew a 3-1 lead in the third period, but they were able to bounce back and get the overtime win. The Rangers out shot Chicago by a total of 35-31 and went 0-3 on the power play in the game. New York has also defeated Tampa Bay, Colorado, and Ottawa during this winning streak. The Rangers are scoring 3.25 goals per game and they are allowing 2.79 goals against per game, while going 26.1% on the power play and 83.4% on the penalty kill. Artemi Panarin has led New York with 31 goals, 37 assists, and 200 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for New York is Igor Shesterkin, who is 20-12-1 this year with a 2.86 goals against average and a .899 save percentage.
New York Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have lost four of their last five games as home favorites following a road win.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the puck line in 14 of their last 16 games as favorites following an overtime win.
- The Rangers have won the third period in four of their last five night games following an overtime win.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in each of the Rangers' last 11 games as favorites against Pacific Division opponents.
Calgary Flames Team Facts
- The Flames have won each of their last four games as underdogs following a road win.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in each of the Flames' last six games.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in each of the Flames' last six games at Madison Square Garden.
- The Flames have won the first period in five of their last six games against the Rangers.
New York Rangers Player Prop Facts
- Kaapo Kakko has recorded at least one point in each of his last six appearances against Pacific Division opponents at Madison Square Garden.
- Adam Fox has recorded at least one assist in five of the Rangers' last six games against Pacific Division opponents.
- Jonny Brodzinski has scored a goal in three of the Rangers' last four games.
Calgary Flames Player Prop Facts
- Blake Coleman has recorded an assist in each of the Flames' last four games as underdogs against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- Blake Coleman has recorded at least one point in 14 of the Flames' last 16 games as underdogs.
- Blake Coleman has scored a goal in each of his last four appearances with his team as an underdog against the Rangers.
- The New York Rangers rank 8th in the league for goals against per game this season (2.79).
- The New York Rangers are one of only two teams in the league to rank top 5 for both power play and penalty kill percentage this season.
- The Calgary Flames rank T3rd in the league for power play goals against this season (24).
- The Calgary Flames rank 4th in the league in short handed goals this season (10).
Flames vs Rangers Betting Prediction
These two teams come into this game playing very well and they are looking for their fifth straight victory here. Calgary has won three road games in a row against the Islanders, Devils, and Bruins, so they should have plenty of confidence on the road again. New York nearly had a bad loss at Chicago, but they will be at home for this game, where they are 17-7-0 this season. The Flames have scored 14 goals in their last three games, but New York is one of the better defensive teams in the NHL. Take the Rangers here.