Canucks vs Capitals Prediction NHL Picks 2/11/24
Washington Capitals (23-20-7) vs Vancouver Canucks (34-12-6)
Game Info: Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 1:30 pm (Capital One Arena)
Betting Odds: Washington Capitals +134 / Vancouver Canucks -162 --- Over/Under: 5.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Vancouver Canucks will play the Washington Capitals on Sunday afternoon at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC. Vancouver has lost two games in a row, while Washington has lost six of their last seven. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Canucks vs Capitals prediction.
The Vancouver Canucks are 34-12-6 this year after they lost to Detroit in overtime by a score of 4-3 in their last game. Vancouver led 3-1 in the third period, but they allowed Detroit to force overtime, where they allowed a penalty shot goal for the loss. The Canucks out shot Detroit by a total of 31-28 and went 0-3 on the power play in the game. Vancouver lost to Boston by a score of 4-0 in the game prior to Detroit, but did win the previous two games. The Canucks are scoring 3.71 goals per game and they are allowing 2.57 goals against per game, while going 25.3% on the power play and 80% on the penalty kill. J.T. Miller has led Vancouver with 22 goals, 46 assists, and 112 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Vancouver is Thatcher Demko, who is 27-9-1 this season with a 2.47 goals against average and a .918 save percentage.
The Washington Capitals are 23-20-7 this season after they defeated the Bruins by a score of 3-0 in their last game. Washington scored once in the second period and twice in the third period in the shutout win. The Capitals out shot Boston by a total of 28-18 and went 1-3 on the power play in the game. Washington had lost their previous six games, scoring two goals or fewer in four of them. The Capitals are scoring 2.37 goals per game and they are allowing 3.08 goals against per game, while going 14.6% on the power play and 79.3% on the penalty kill. Alex Ovechkin has led Washington with 12 goals, 23 assists, and 164 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Washington is Darcy Kuemper, who is 11-12-2 this year with a 3.18 goals against average and a .894 save percentage.
Washington Capitals Player Prop Facts
- Alex Ovechkin has scored a goal in each of the Capitals' last four games.
- Max Pacioretty has recorded at least one point in each of his last 12 Sunday appearances.
- Alex Ovechkin has scored the first goal in three of the Capitals' last four games against the Canucks.
- Max Pacioretty has recorded at least one assist in each of his last seven Sunday appearances.
- Anthony Mantha ranks 1st amongst qualified Metropolitan Division players for shooting percentage (20.0%) this season.
Vancouver Canucks Player Prop Facts
- Elias Pettersson has scored at least one goal in each of the Canucks' last four games at Capital One Arena.
- J.T. Miller has recorded at least one point in each of the Canucks' last 10 games on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- J.T. Miller has recorded at least one assist in nine of the Canucks' last 10 games on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- Elias Pettersson ranks T1st in the league for Game Winning Goals (9) this season.
- The Washington Capitals rank 30th in the league for goals per game this season (2.38).
- The Washington Capitals rank T27th in the league in power play percentage this season (15.00%).
- The Vancouver Canucks rank 1st in the league for goals per game this season (3.69).
- The Vancouver Canucks are the only team in the league to rank top 5 for both goals for and goals against per game this season.
Canucks vs Capitals Betting Prediction
Both of these teams come into this game on the second game of a back to back after playing on Saturday afternoon. Vancouver dropped a tough overtime game in Detroit, while Washington picked up a huge win on the road against Boston. The Capitals have really struggled to score consistently this season, as they are scoring only 2.37 goals per game, and we saw them struggle to finish a number of great opportunities against Boston. Vancouver has lost two games in a row, but they will have Demko back in net for this game and I think they bounce back with a win. The Capitals don’t have the offensive firepower to stay with Vancouver and I don’t think the Canucks will play as poorly as Boston did yesterday. Take Vancouver here.