Blues vs Canadiens Prediction NHL Picks 2/11/24
Montreal Canadiens (21-22-8) vs St. Louis Blues (27-21-2)
Game Info: Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 1:00 pm (Bell Centre)
Betting Odds: Montreal Canadiens -115 / St. Louis Blues -108 --- Over/Under: 6 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The St. Louis Blues and Montreal Canadiens face off on Sunday in an NHL showdown at the Centre Bell. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Blues vs Canadiens prediction.
Blues Look to Build on Last Game
The Blues in the last game faced off against the Buffalo Sabres and they were able to secure the 3-1 victory. Jake Neighbours had a strong game putting up two goals on six shots on goal. The Blues on the season is averaging 2.84 goals, while their defense is giving up 3.06 goals per game. The offense is ranked 26th in the league while the defense is ranked 16th. Robert Thomas has been the top player this season scoring 17 goals and adding 36 assists so far this season.
Can the Canadiens Bounce Back
The Canadiens in the last game faced off against Dallas Stars and the offense didn’t score enough. The offense only scored two goals and that led to the one goal defeat. Nick Suzuki did score a goal but it wasn’t enough. The Canadiens are averaging 2.73 goals while their defense is giving up 3.45 goals per game. The offense is ranked 28th while the defense is ranked 27th. Nick Suzuki has scored 16 goals and added 31 assists so far this season. In this game, the Canadiens need the offense to get out to a fast start.
Montreal Canadiens Player Prop Facts
- Juraj Slafkovsky has scored a goal in four of the Canadiens' last five games against Central Division opponents.
- Cole Caufield has recorded at least one point in each of the Canadiens' last 11 games against opponents who are playing on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- Nick Suzuki has scored the first goal in three of the Canadiens' last four games as underdogs.
- Nick Suzuki has recorded at least one assist in each of the Canadiens' last six games against Central Division opponents.
- Mike Matheson ranks 1st in the Atlantic Division for average time on ice (25:22) this season.
St. Louis Blues Player Prop Facts
- Pavel Buchnevich has scored a goal in four of his last five appearances at Bell Centre.
- Pavel Buchnevich has recorded at least one point in seven of his last eight appearances in day games.
- Robert Thomas has recorded at least one assist in each of his last five appearances in day games.
- Jordan Kyrou has recorded two assists against the Canadiens this season - equal-most against any opponent.
- The Montreal Canadiens rank 28th in the league for goals per game this season (2.73).
- The Montreal Canadiens rank 28th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (74.86%).
- The St. Louis Blues rank 26th in the league for goals per game this season (2.84).
- The St. Louis Blues rank 32nd in the league in penalty minutes this season (338).
Blues vs Canadiens
I don’t think both teams defenses are going to play that well, but I do think both teams are going to struggle to get quality scoring chances. Both of these offenses haven’t been great this season, and it’s going to be no different here. The Canadiens are averaging 2.73 goals and they are going to struggle to even score two goals here. There will only be three or four goals scored total and the under is going to cash.