Stars vs Canadiens Prediction NHL Picks 2/10/24
Montreal Canadiens (21-21-8) vs Dallas Stars (31-14-6)
Game Info: Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 1:00 pm (Bell Centre)
Betting Odds: Montreal Canadiens +137 / Dallas Stars -172 --- Over/Under: 6.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Dallas Stars look for a win after winning 7 of their last 10 games. The Montreal Canadiens look for a win after splitting their last 8 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Dallas Stars vs Montreal Canadiens prediction.
Dallas Stars Betting Preview
The Dallas Stars recently beat the Capitals and Sabres while losing to the Maple Leafs. The Dallas Stars are averaging 3.67 goals per game and are scoring on 22.6 percent of their power play opportunities. Roope Hintz leads Dallas with 22 goals, Jason Robertson has 34 assists and Joe Pavelski has 131 shots on goal. Defensively, the Dallas Stars are allowing 3.06 goals per game and are killing 81.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jake Oettinger has allowed 82 goals on 861 shots faced, and Scott Wedgewood has given up 69 goals on 665 shots.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview
The Montreal Canadiens recently beat the Islanders and Capitals while losing to the Penguins. The Montreal Canadiens are averaging 2.74 goals per game and are scoring on 20.3 percent of their power play opportunities. Cole Caufield leads Montreal with 17 goals, Nick Suzuki has 30 assists and Mike Matheson has 127 shots on goal. Defensively, the Montreal Canadiens are allowing 3.46 goals per game and are killing 74 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jake Allen has given up 56 goals on 564 shots faced, and Sam Montembeault has allowed 73 goals on 785 shots.
Montreal Canadiens Player Prop Facts
- Cole Caufield has scored a goal in three of the Canadiens' last four home games.
- Cole Caufield has recorded at least one point in each of the Canadiens' last 10 games.
- Nick Suzuki has recorded at least one assist in each of the Canadiens' last five games against Central Division opponents.
- Mike Matheson ranks 1st in the Atlantic Division for average time on ice (25:20) this season.
Dallas Stars Player Prop Facts
- Matt Duchene has scored a goal in four of the Stars' last five games as favorites.
- Tyler Seguin has recorded at least one point in each of the Stars' last six games as favorites.
- Tyler Seguin has recorded at least one assist in each of the Stars' last five games as favorites.
- Miro Heiskanen ranks 2nd in the Central Division for average time on ice (25:03) this season.
- The Montreal Canadiens rank 30th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (73.99%).
- The Montreal Canadiens rank 28th in the league for goals per game this season (2.74).
- The Dallas Stars rank 3rd in the league for goals per game this season (3.67).
- The Dallas Stars rank T1st in the league in short handed goals this season (11).
Dallas Stars vs Montreal Canadiens prediction
The Dallas Stars are playing some great hockey entering this contest, and they've won 6 of their last 9 games against the Habs, games where they had a field day offensively. The Stars have also been road warriors all year where they're 15-6-4 on the season. The Montreal Canadiens continue to have issues stringing together wins, and home ice hasn't helped them much this season. It's hard to find confidence to get behind the Habs in this spot with the way the Stars are playing. Give me the Stars and the PL for max betting value, as they play some of their best hockey on the road.