Maple Leafs vs Senators Prediction NHL Picks 2/10/24
Ottawa Senators (20-25-2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (26-15-8)
Game Info: Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 7:00 pm (Canadian Tire Centre)
Betting Odds: Ottawa Senators +112 / Toronto Maple Leafs -139 --- Over/Under: 6.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Ottawa Senators meet in NHL action from the Canadian Tire Center on Saturday night. Who takes this installment of the Battle of Ontario? Let’s dive in and find out with our Maple Leafs vs. Senators Prediction.
Toronto Maple Leafs Team Preview
The Toronto Maple Leafs come into this one looking to build on their 5-4 win over the Dallas Stars in their last matchup. William Nylander leads the Leafs in points with 65 points this season including 25 goals and a team-high 40 assists while Auston Matthews has 61 points with a team-high 41 goals. Mitch Marner has 55 points with 33 assists while John Tavares has 40 points with 15 goals and 25 assists and Morgan Rielly has 42 points with 35 assists this season. Ilya Samsonov has gone 9-4-6 with a 3.38 GAA and an .879 save percentage and Joseph Woll has posted a 8-5-1 record with a 2.80 GAA and a .916 save percentage while Martin Jones is also 9-6-1 with a 2.64 GAA and a .911 save percentage as well this season.
Toronto Maple Leafs Team Facts
- The Maple Leafs have won each of their last 10 Saturday games against the Senators.
- The Maple Leafs have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last 20 games as favorites against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Maple Leafs have won the second period in each of their last four games at Canadian Tire Centre.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the Maple Leafs' last 11 games as favorites against opponents on a winning streak.
Ottawa Senators Team Preview
The Ottawa Senators come into this one looking to build on back-to-back wins from pre all-star break action after a 3-2 OT win over Detroit last time out. Tim Stutzle leads Ottawa in scoring with 47 points including a team-high 36 assists along with 11 goals. Claude Giroux has 42 points with 15 goals and 27 assists while Brady Tkachuk has 41 points with a team-high 22 goals. Drake Batherson has 38 points with 17 goals and 21 assists. Joonas Korpisalo has gone 12-16-2 with a 3.38 GAA and an .889 save percentage in goal for Ottawa while Anton Forsberg is 7-8 with a 3.35 GAA and an .889 save percentage in goal for the Senators.
Ottawa Senators Team Facts
- The Senators have lost each of their last 13 games as home underdogs following a road win.
- The Senators have covered the puck line in nine of their last 10 games against the Maple Leafs at Canadian Tire Centre.
- The road team has won the second period in each of the last six games between the Maple Leafs and Senators.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Senators' last eight home games against opponents on a winning streak.
Maple Leafs vs. Senators Prediction
I’m on the Leafs here. I get the case to be made for the home underdog in a rivalry matchup, but the road team’s won the last 6 meetings between these two teams and the Maple Leafs have had a couple of games to shake off the rust while Ottawa’s rested, but I think this amount of rest equals rust. I think Ottawa comes out slow and I think Toronto makes them pay here. Give me Toronto.