Flames vs Islanders Prediction NHL Picks 2/10/24
New York Islanders (22-17-12) vs Calgary Flames (24-22-5)
Game Info: Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 1:00 pm (UBS Arena)
Betting Odds: New York Islanders -130 / Calgary Flames +108 --- Over/Under: 6.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Calgary Flames will play the New York Islanders on Saturday afternoon at UBS Arena in Elmont, New York. Calgary has won three games in a row, while New York is on a two game winning streak. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Flames vs Islanders prediction.
The Calgary Flames are 24-22-5 this season after they defeated the Devils by a score of 5-3 in their last game. Calgary led 3-1 in the third period and they were able to hold off the Devils in the third for the win. The Flames were out shot by a total of 40-30 and went 0-3 on the power play in the game. Calgary defeated Boston by a score of 4-1 and Chicago by a score of 1-0 in the two games prior to New Jersey. The Flames are scoring 3.10 goals per game and they are allowing 3.04 goals against per game, while going 14.5% on the power play and 84.3% on the penalty kill. Nazem Kadri has led Calgary with 16 goals, 27 assists, and 166 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Calgary is Jacob Markstrom, who is 16-13-2 this season with a 2.56 goals against average and a .914 save percentage.
The New York Islanders are 22-17-12 this year after they defeated the Lightning by a score of 6-2 in their last game. New York scored three goals in the first period and three goals in the second period for the blowout win. The Islanders out shot Tampa Bay by a total of 24-20 and went 1-4 on the power play in the game. New York defeated Toronto by a score of 3-2 in the game prior to Tampa Bay, but they lost the previous three games. The Islanders are scoring 2.96 goals per game and they are allowing 3.28 goals against per game, while going 22.7% on the power play and 71.8% on the penalty kill. Mathew Barzal has led New York with 15 goals, 39 assists, and 152 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for New York is Ilya Sorokin, who is 16-12-9 this year with a 3.10 goals against average and a .910 save percentage.
New York Islanders Team Facts
- The Islanders have lost four of their last five games as favorites following a win.
- The Islanders have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last six day games following a home win.
- The Islanders have won the third period in four of their last five games as favorites.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the Islanders' last 14 games at UBS Arena.
Calgary Flames Team Facts
- The Flames have lost each of their last five day games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The road team has covered the puck line in nine of the Flames' last 10 games.
- The road team has won the third period in five of the Flames' last six games.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in seven of the Flames' last eight games as underdogs.
New York Islanders Player Prop Facts
- Bo Horvat has scored a goal in four of his last five appearances in day games.
- Noah Dobson has recorded at least one point in each of the Islanders' last six games as favorites.
- Mathew Barzal has recorded at least one assist in six of the Islanders' last seven games at UBS Arena.
- Noah Dobson ranks 1st in the Eastern Conference for average time on ice (25:51) this season.
Calgary Flames Player Prop Facts
- Connor Zary has scored a goal in three of the Flames' last four games.
- Jonathan Huberdeau has recorded at least one point in each of his last seven appearances against the Islanders.
- Andrew Mangiapane has recorded at least one assist in each of the Flames' last four games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- Connor Zary ranks T1st amongst qualified Western Conference players for shooting percentage (23.1%) this season.
- The New York Islanders rank 31st in the league for shots against per game this season (34.6).
- The New York Islanders rank 31st in the league for Period 2 goals allowed per game this season (1.31).
- The Calgary Flames rank T3rd in the league for power play goals against this season (24).
- The Calgary Flames rank 4th in the league in short handed goals this season (10).
Flames vs Islanders Betting Prediction
Both of these teams come into this game with small winning streaks and will look to continue that with a win here. Calgary is 12-11-4 on the road, but they have won two straight road games by a combined score of 9-4. New York is 13-6-7 at home and they have started the second half with two great wins against Toronto and Tampa Bay. I don’t love this game, but I like New York at home much more than Calgary on the road. One of New York’s biggest weaknesses is their penalty kill, but Calgary is only 14.5% on the power play. Take the Islanders at home.