Avalanche vs Panthers Prediction NHL Picks 2/10/24
Florida Panthers (32-15-4) vs Colorado Avalanche (32-16-4)
Game Info: Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 6:00 pm (Amerant Bank Arena)
Betting Odds: Florida Panthers -128 / Colorado Avalanche +106 --- Over/Under: 6.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN+ Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Colorado Avalanche will play the Florida Panthers on Saturday night at Amerant Bank Arena in Sunrise, Florida. Colorado has lost three games in a row, while Florida has won five of their last six. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Avalanche vs Panthers prediction.
The Colorado Avalanche are 32-16-4 this season after they lost to Carolina by a score of 5-2 in their last game. Colorado allowed the first three goals in the game, but they did make it 3-2 after the first period, before allowing Carolina to pull away. The Avalanche recorded 27 shots on goal and went 0-6 on the power play in the game. Colorado lost to New Jersey by a score of 5-3 and the Rangers by a score of 2-1 in the two games prior to Carolina. The Avalanche are scoring 3.73 goals per game and they are allowing 3.15 goals against per game, while going 24.1% on the power play and 82.5% on the penalty kill. Nathan MacKinnon has led Colorado with 32 goals, 53 assists, and 239 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Colorado is Alexandar Georgiev, who is 27-12-3 this season with a 2.91 goals against average and a .898 save percentage.
The Florida Panthers are 32-15-4 this year after they defeated the Capitals by a score of 4-2 in their last game. Florida trailed 2-1 in the second period, but they were able to score the final three goals in the game for the win. The Panthers out shot Washington by a total of 41-23 and went 1-5 on the power play in the game. Florida lost to Philadelphia by a score of 2-1 in the game prior to Washington, but they did win the previous four games. The Panthers are scoring 3.18 goals per game and they are allowing 2.55 goals against per game, while going 24% on the power play and 82.6% on the penalty kill. Sam Reinhart has led Florida with 38 goals, 25 assists, and 136 shots on goal. The projected starting goalie for Florida is Sergei Bobrovsky, who is 24-10-2 this year with a 2.50 goals against average and a .910 save percentage.
Florida Panthers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the last three games between the Avalanche and Panthers.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in 11 of the last 12 games between the Avalanche and Panthers.
- The Panthers have lost the third period in four of their last five games as favorites following a win.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the Panthers' last 14 Saturday night games at Amerant Bank Arena.
Colorado Avalanche Team Facts
- The underdogs have won four of the Avalanche's last five games at Amerant Bank Arena.
- The home team has covered the puck line in six of the Avalanche's last seven games.
- The Avalanche have lost the second period in six of their last seven games as underdogs following a road loss.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in 10 of the Avalanche's last 11 games as underdogs.
Florida Panthers Player Prop Facts
- Sam Reinhart has scored a goal in 12 of the Panthers' last 14 games as favorites.
- Sam Bennett has recorded at least one point in each of his last seven appearances with his team as a favorite against the Avalanche.
- Matthew Tkachuk has recorded at least one assist in each of the Panthers' last five games against Central Division opponents.
- Sam Reinhart ranks T1st in the league for Game Winning Goals (9) this season.
Colorado Avalanche Player Prop Facts
- Miles Wood has scored a goal in three of his last four appearances against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Cale Makar has recorded at least one point in eight of the Avalanche's last nine games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Cale Makar has recorded at least one assist in eight of the Avalanche's last nine games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- Nathan MacKinnon ranks 1st in the league for multi-assist games (15) this season.
- The Florida Panthers rank 1st in the league for shots per game this season (34.2).
- The Florida Panthers rank 2nd in the league for shots against per game this season (27.1).
- The Colorado Avalanche rank T2nd in the league for power play goals this season (47).
- The Colorado Avalanche are one of only two teams to lose a game when leading by 2 or more goals after Period 2 this season.
Avalanche vs Panthers Betting Prediction
Colorado has opened the second half of the season with three straight losses and they have allowed five goals in each of their last two games. The Avalanche have only scored six goals in their last three games and they are only 12-11-4 on the road this year. Florida is second in the Atlantic Division and they are 15-8-2 at home this season. The Panthers offense has been decent, but their defense has been excellent, allowing just 2.55 goals against per game. Colorado is really skidding right now and I don’t think this is a good spot for them to turn it around. Take Florida at home.