NHL Power Rankings - All 31 Teams: 2/24/20
Photo by Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports
Power Rankings for All NHL Teams
This week in the NHL included the Trade Deadline. Here are the updated power rankings, with a look at what each team did at the NHL Trade Deadline.
- Boston Bruins 39-12-12, 90pts
On the 21st, F Ondrej Kase went from Anaheim to the Bruins for F David Backes, D Axel Andersson and a 2020 1st round pick. The B’s also picked up F Nick Ritchie for F Danton Heinen from Anaheim as well.
- Tampa Bay Lightning 40-17-5, 85pts
The Bolts picked up F Barclay Goodrow from San Jose for a 1st-round pick.
- Washington Capitals 38-18-6, 82pts
The Capitals received F Ilya Kovalchuck for a 2020 3rd-rounder. The Caps also got F Daniel Sprong from Anaheim.
- St. Louis Blues 36-17-10, 82pts
The Blues did not make a move at the NHL Trade Deadline.
- Colorado Avalanche 36-18-7, 79pts
Colorado picked up F Vladislav Namestnikov from the Senators for a 2021 4th-round pick. The Avs also picked up G Michael Hutchinson from Toronto.
- Pittsburgh Penguins 37-18-6, 80pts
The Penguins got Patrick Marleau from San Jose for a 3rd-round pick. Pittsburgh also received F Connor Sheary and F Evan Rodriques for F Dominik Kahun in a trade with Buffalo.
- Philadelphia Flyers 35-20-7, 77pts
The Flyers got F Derek Grant from the Ducks for F Kyle Criscuolo and a 2020 4th-rounder.
- Dallas Stars 36-20-6, 78pts
The Stars dished out D Emil Djuse for a 2020 6th-round pick (BUF) from Florida.
- New York Islanders 35-20-6, 76pts
The Islanders traded for F Jean-Gabriel Pageau from Ottawa and signed him to a six-year, $30 Mil contract.
- Vegas Golden Knights 34-22-8, 76pts
Vegas received G Robin Lehner from the Blackhawks and got a 2021 conditional 4th-rounder from Winnipeg.
- Carolina Hurricanes 35-22-4, 74pts
Carolina got D Sami Vatanen and F Vincent Trocheck during the deadline, two major acquisitions. The Canes also got D Brady Skjei from the Rangers.
- Vancouver Canucks 33-22-6, 72pts
The Canucks got G Louis Domingue from the New Jersey Devils in a mostly quiet deadline for Vancouver.
- New York Rangers 33-24-4, 70pts
The Rangers moved out D Brady Skjei for a 1st-round pick.
- Edmonton Oilers 33-22-7, 73pts
The Oilers received D Mike Green, F Andreas Athanasiou, and F Ryan Kuffner from Detroit. They also got F Tyler Ennis from Ottawa on a busy day for Edmonton.
- Columbus Blue Jackets 30-19-14, 72pts
The Jackets picked up F Devin Shore from Anaheim.
- Toronto Maple Leafs 32-23-8, 72pts
Toronto, despite outcries from its fan base, did not make a move other than bringing in D Calle Rosen and F Miikka Salomaki from Colorado and Nashville respectively.
- Calgary Flames 32-25-6, 70pts
The Flames picked up F Derek Forbort from Los Angeles.
- Florida Panthers 32-24-6, 70pts
The Panthers moved out F Vincent Trocheck and brought in a haul(a) of F Erik Haula, F Lucas Wallmark, F Eetu Luostarinen, and D Chase Priskie. The Cats also picked up D Emil Djuse.
- Arizona Coyotes 31-26-8, 70pts
The Coyotes were silent at the NHL Trade Deadline
- Nashville Predators 30-23-8, 68pts
The Preds brought in D Korbinian Holzer from Anaheim and D Ben Harpur from Toronto.
- Winnipeg Jets 32-27-5, 69pts
The Jets picked up F Cody Eakin from the Vegas Golden Knights.
- Buffalo Sabres 29-25-8, 66pts
Buffalo received F Wayne Simmonds from New Jersey and also picked up F Dominik Kahun from the Penguins.
- Montreal Canadiens 29-27-8, 66pts
The Canadiens moved F Nick Cousins for a 4th-round pick. The Canadiens also picked up Aaron Luchuk and a 7th-rounder from Ottawa, on top of a fifth-rounder in 2021 from Philadelphia for Nate Thompson.
- Minnesota Wild 29-25-7, 65pts
Minnesota was rumored to dish out F Zach Parise to the Islanders but that move never happened. Therefore, the Wild did not make a move at the NHL Trade Deadline.
- Chicago Blackhawks 27-27-8, 62pts
Chicago moved out heroic G Robin Lehner for G Malcom Subban and D Slava Demin from Vegas.
- New Jersey Devils 24-27-10, 58pts
New Jersey dished out F Wayne Simmonds, D Sami Vatanen, and G Louis Domingue for a collective haul of G Zane Mcintyre, a conditional 2021 5th-rounder, F Janne Kuokkanen and a 2nd-rounder.
- Anaheim Ducks 24-30-8, 56pts
The Ducks were very, very busy at the trade deadline. Notable moves include dishing out F Devin Shore, F Daniel Sprong, F Derek Grant, F Nick Ritchie, and F Ondrej Kase.
- San Jose Sharks 26-32-4, 56pts
San Jose moved out F Patrick Marleau to the Penguins for a 3rd-round pick.
- Ottawa Senators 21-30-11, 53pts
Ottawa sent F JG Pageau to the Isles and F Vladislav Namestnikov to the Avalanche for a pool of picks and prospects.
- Los Angeles Kings 22-36-5, 50pts
The Kings moved out F Derek Forbort for a fourth-round pick.
- Detroit Red Wings 15-45-4, 34pts
Detroit parted ways with D Mike Green, F Andreas Athanasiou, and F Ryan Kuffner for F Sam Gagner, K Kyle Brodziak, prospects, and picks.