NHL Power Rankings - All 31 Teams: 2/17/20
Photo by Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
Power Rankings for All NHL Teams
- Tampa Bay Lightning 39-15-5, 83pts
There is no doubt that the Bolts are the hottest team in the league right now. Will they ever lose again?
- Boston Bruins 37-11-12, 86pts
Boston is on a three-game winning streak and they have the league’s best record. If Tampa did not go on this insane run, Boston would be #1 in the rankings.
- Washington Capitals 37-16-5, 79pts
Washington has actually kind of struggled recently, losing three of their last four, all in regulation. They are still the team to beat in the Metro.
- Pittsburgh Penguins 36-15-6, 78pts
Pittsburgh took care of business against Montreal and Detroit, they are now set to take on the Maple Leafs Thursday.
- Dallas Stars 34-19-6, 74pts
Dallas lost a tough game in overtime against Ottawa, but they are on a five-game point streak.
- New York Islanders 33-18-6, 72pts
The Islanders won four of five recently but now are on a two-game losing streak.
7. St. Louis Blues 32-17-10, 74pts
St. Louis has lost five in a row, and seven of their last eight. Many one-goal losses in that span.
- Colorado Avalanche 33-18-6, 72pts
Colorado has lost two in a row after their five-game win streak. They now play Tampa Bay at home tonight, and it should be a great game.
- Columbus Blue Jackets 30-18-12, 72pts
Columbus is on a five-game losing streak, as they have cooled off a bit after being scorching in January and December.
- Philadelphia Flyers 32-20-7, 71pts
Philadelphia lost 5-3 to Tampa, defeated the Panthers 6-2, and lost to the Islanders 5-3. They are scoring goals, but their defense/goaltending remains a question.
- Edmonton Oilers 32-21-6, 70pts
Edmonton has won back-to-back games over Carolina and Florida. Their next game is against the league’s best Boston Bruins.
- Carolina Hurricanes 33-21-4, 70pts
Carolina lost to Edmonton in extra time in their last game. The Canes are not currently in a playoff spot, but they are right behind Philadelphia.
- Toronto Maple Leafs 31-21-8, 70pts
Toronto lost a clunker, 5-2, to the Buffalo Sabres. Toronto is so deep on offense but their defense has hurt them this season.
- Vancouver Canucks 32-22-5, 69pts
Vancouver won back-to-back games over the Preds and Blackhawks but followed it up with a route loss to the Ducks, 5-1.
15. Vegas Golden Knights 30-22-8, 68pts
Vegas looked impressive in their wins over St. Louis and NYI. If they get hot, the Western Conference needs to watch out.
16. Nashville Predators 29-22-7, 65pts
Well, well, well. Look what we have here. Nashville is in the playoff hunt after their three-game win streak against current playoff teams.
17. Florida Panthers 30-22-6, 66pts
Florida has lost two in a row to Edmonton and Philadelphia. The Panthers still have a shot at postseason hockey, but they have to start now.
18. Arizona Coyotes 29-24-8, 66pts
The Coyotes got a huge win over the Caps at home. We will see if that win can boost them to put a couple W’s together.
19. Calgary Flames 30-24-6, 66pts
After a sharp, 6-0 victory over the Ducks, Calgary’s defense got blown to pieces in an 8-4 loss to the Blackhawks.
20. Winnipeg Jets 30-25-5, 65pts
Winnipeg took down the Blackhawks at home and have won three of their last five. They currently sit at 4th in the Central Division, tied with Nashville.
21. Buffalo Sabres 27-24-8, 62pts
Buffalo has won three straight on their home stretch. The Sabres need a lot more where that came from to make a run.
22. New York Rangers 30-24-4, 64pts
The Rangers lost to their big-time rival Boston Bruins at the Garden on Sunday. That snapped a four-game win streak.
23. Montreal Canadiens 27-26-8, 62pts
The Habs have lost four straight and HC Claude Julien was fined $10k for making comments about the officials. Rough times in Montreal.
24. Minnesota Wild 27-24-7, 61pts
The Wild lost back-to-back games against the Sharks and Rangers.
25. Chicago Blackhawks 26-25-8, 60pts
After scoring eight goals in the win over Calgary, Chicago lost to Winnipeg on the road. The win over Calgary snapped a five-game losing streak.
26. Anaheim Ducks 24-27-7, 55pts
The Ducks spoiled a Canuck’s home game with a 5-1 win on the road. Quack Quack!
27. San Jose Sharks 26-28-4, 56pts
San Jose has won back-to-back games on the road after their 6-2 loss to the Flames.
28. New Jersey Devils 22-26-10, 54pts
Blake Coleman was traded to the Lightning (like they need any more help on offense) and Captain Andy Greene was traded to the Islanders. May the selling games begin.
29. Ottawa Senators 20-28-11, 51pts
Ottawa got the overtime win over Dallas on Sunday. They have won two and lost two in their last four.
30. Los Angeles Kings 21-33-5, 47pts
The Kings took down the Flames at home and then Tyler Toffoli scored a hat trick in the Outdoor Stadium Series game. The Kings won the game 3-1 over Colorado.
31. Detroit Red Wings 14-43-4, 32pts
Four-game losing streak for the Wings after their big upset over the Bruins at home. In their last three games, the Wings have been outscored 13-3.