Falcons vs Panthers Prediction - NFL Picks 12/17/23
Carolina Panthers (1-12) vs Atlanta Falcons (6-7)
Game Info: Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Bank of America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Carolina Panthers +3 -- Over/Under: 33.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Falcons will play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. Atlanta has won two of their last three games, while Carolina has lost six games in a row. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Falcons vs Panthers prediction.
The Atlanta Falcons are 6-7 this season after they lost to Tampa Bay by a score of 29-25 in their last game. Atlanta led 25-22 with about three minutes left, but allowed Tampa Bay to score the winning touchdown with 31 seconds remaining for the loss. The Falcons out gained Tampa Bay by a total of 434-290 and turned the ball over one time in the game. Atlanta had won their two previous games against the Jets and Saints. The Atlanta offense is scoring 19.3 points per game with 204.5 passing yards per game and 132.2 rushing yards per game. Desmond Ridder has thrown for 2,376 yards, nine touchdowns, and nine interceptions for the Falcons this season. Bijan Robinson has rushed for 790 yards and four scores, while Drake London has caught 56 passes for 745 yards and two touchdowns. The Atlanta defense is giving up 20.7 points against per game this year.
The Carolina Panthers are 1-12 this year after they lost to New Orleans by a score of 28-6 in their last game. Carolina only trailed 14-6 in the fourth quarter, but the Saints scored twice in the fourth to pull away. The Panthers out gained New Orleans by a total of 303-207 and had six turnover on downs in the game. Carolina has also lost to Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Dallas, Chicago, and Indianapolis during this losing streak. The Carolina offense is averaging 15.2 points per game with 165.7 passing yards per game and 104.3 rushing yards per game. Bryce Young has thrown for 2,192 yards, nine touchdowns, and nine interceptions for the Panthers this season. Chuba Hubbard has rushed for 644 yards and four scores, while Adam Thielen (questionable) has caught 85 passes for 827 yards and four touchdowns. The Carolina defense is allowing 26.2 points against per game this season.
Carolina Panthers Team Facts
- The Panthers have lost each of their last six games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine home games in December.
- The Panthers have lost the first half in each of their last eight Sunday games as underdogs.
- The Panthers have lost the first quarter in three of their last four games following a loss.
- Each of the Panthers' last eight games at Bank of America Stadium following a road loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Atlanta Falcons Team Facts
- The Falcons have lost each of their last four games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Falcons have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games as road favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Falcons have won the first half in four of their last five Sunday games.
- The Falcons have lost the first quarter in five of their last six games as road favorites.
- The Falcons have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games following a loss.
Carolina Panthers Player Prop Facts
- Adam Thielen has scored a touchdown in each of his last two Week 15 appearances.
- Bryce Young has recorded 22+ completions in four of the Panthers' last five home games.
- D.J. Chark Jr. has recorded 23+ receiving yards in eight of his last nine appearances following a loss.
- Miles Sanders has recorded 33+ rushing yards in 16 of his last 17 home appearances against NFC opponents.
- Miles Sanders has recorded 47+ rushing and receiving yards in eight of his last nine home appearances against division opponents.
- Andy Dalton has recorded 229+ passing yards in each of his last three December appearances with his team as an underdog against NFC opponents.
- Andy Dalton has thrown two or more touchdowns in each of his last four December home appearances against NFC opponents.
- Vonn Bell is just three away from 10 career interceptions.
Atlanta Falcons Player Prop Facts
- Bijan Robinson has scored at least one touchdown in three of the Falcons' last four games.
- Tyler Allgeier has recorded 39+ rushing yards in eight of the Falcons' last nine games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- Kyle Pitts has recorded 48+ receiving yards in each of his six previous December appearances.
- Bijan Robinson has recorded 83+ rushing and receiving yards in three of the Falcons' last four games against NFC South opponents.
- Taylor Heinicke has thrown two or more touchdowns in four of his last five road appearances on the East Coast.
- Jessie Bates III ranks 3rd in the NFL in interceptions (5) this season.
- The Panthers rank 32nd in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (2).
- The Panthers rank 31st in the NFL in points allowed per game this season (26.2).
- The Falcons rank 4th in the NFL in Q4 points per game this season (8.1).
- The Falcons rank T29th in the NFL in Q3 win percentage this season (15.4).
Falcons vs Panthers Betting Prediction
Atlanta comes into this game in a three way tie for first place in the NFC South, so they can’t afford to drop a game to the worst team in football. The Falcons have won two out of their last three games and they won 24-10 in these two teams first meeting of the season. Carolina only has one win on the year and they have lost six games in a row. Atlanta is the better team and has everything to play for, while Carolina is already looking towards the draft. Take the Falcons on the road here.