Bears vs Browns Prediction - NFL Picks 12/17/23
Cleveland Browns (8-5) vs Chicago Bears (5-8)
Game Info: Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Cleveland Browns Stadium)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Browns -3 -- Over/Under: 38 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Bears and Cleveland Browns face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at FirstEnergy Stadium. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Bears vs Browns prediction.
Is Justin Fields the Answer for the Bears?
Just a couple of weeks ago it looked like the Bears might draft a quarterback high in April’s draft, but with the way Justin Fields has played the last couple of weeks, maybe he is still the best quarterback long term for this team. The Bears have won two games in a row including a 28-13 victory over the Detroit Lions in the last game. Justin Fields completed 19 of his 33 passes for 233 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. He also rushed 12 times for 58 yards and a touchdown. The Bears on the season are averaging 20.77 points while their defense is giving up 23.77 points per game. The offense is ranked 20th and they need to get the offense going here.
Bears Betting Trends
- The Bears have lost each of their last 13 Sunday games as road underdogs.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in five of their last six games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- The Bears have lost the first half in 14 of their last 15 Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bears have won the first quarter in three of their last four games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bears have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five Sunday games as underdogs.
Browns Look for Another Key Win
Most people counted out the Browns when Deshaun Watson but they have found a way to stay afloat. In the last game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Browns scored 31 points and that was enough for the four point victory. Joe Flacco looked like the Flacco of old completing 26 of his 45 passes for 311 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. The defense also caused Trevor Lawrence to throw three interceptions. The Browns are averaging 22.2 points while their defense is giving up 20.9 points per game. In this game, Flacco is going to need to have a huge game.
Browns Betting Trends
- The Browns have won seven of their last eight Sunday home games.
- The Browns have covered the spread in seven of their last eight Sunday home games.
- The home team has won the first quarter in seven of the Browns' last eight games.
- The Browns have scored the first touchdown in each of their last seven games as home favorites.
- The favorites have won the first half in 18 of the Browns' last 19 games.
Bears vs Browns Betting Prediction
The Browns sure looked good in the last game and Flacco looked like the Flacco of old, but I’m still not sold that he’s going to be able to do that again here. The Bears defense gave up only 13 points to the Lions in the last game and the defense is going to step up in a big way in this game. It will be another big game from Justin Fields and the Bears are going to get the job done here. The Bears are the underdogs, but they are going to secure the victory outright. Back the Bears on the money line.