New York Jets (4-8) vs Houston Texans (7-5)
Game Info: Sunday, December 10, 2023 at 1:00 pm (MetLife Stadium)
Betting Odds: New York Jets +3.5 -- Over/Under: 33 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Texans and Winnipeg Jets face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at MetLife Stadium. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Texans vs Jets prediction.
Zach Wilson Starting Again for the Jets
After being benched for a few weeks Zach Wilson is back in as the starting quarterback for this game. On the season Wilson has completed 59.2 of his passes for 1,944 yards, six touchdowns, and seven interceptions. He hasn’t been exactly good, but the hope is he will give this offense some kind of spark. The Jets have lost five games in a row and the offense has been an issue. In the last game the offense only managed eight points and that led to the five point defeat. The Jets on the season are averaging 14.3 points while their defense is giving up 20.9 points per game. The defense has kept them in games, but this game the offense is going to need to score plenty.
Jets Betting Trends
- The Jets have lost each of their last five games.
- The Jets have covered the spread in seven of their last eight December games against AFC opponents.
- The Jets have lost the first quarter in each of their last five home games against AFC opponents.
- The Jets have lost the first half in each of their last 10 games as underdogs.
- The Jets have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five Week 14 home games.
Can CJ Stroud Lead Texans to Another Victory?
CJ Stroud should win rookie of the year for the Texans this season and this is another game they need him to find success in. In the last game against the Denver Broncos, the Texans scored 22 points and they ended up winning by five points. In the last game, Stroud completed 16 of his 27 passes for 274 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. On the season the Texans are averaging 23.4 points while their defense is giving up 20.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 10th while the defense is ranked 12th. On the season Stroud has thrown for 3,540 yards, 20 touchdowns, and five interceptions.
Texans Betting Trends
- The Texans have lost each of their last six Week 14 games.
- The Texans have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games as favorites following a win.
- The Texans have lost the first quarter in six of their last eight Sunday games as favorites.
- The Texans have won the first half in seven of their last eight road games.
- Six of the Texans' last seven games played on the East Coast have gone UNDER the total points line.
Texans vs Jets Betting Prediction
The Texans are going to have little issues getting the job done in tis game. The Jets offense is a major issue and they are going to really struggle to get any type of offense going here. Stroud is having a huge season and he’s going to have no issue again here. Even on the road, the Texans offense is going to have a strong game and that will be the difference here as Houston will get the job done. Back the Texans against the spread.