Jaguars vs Browns Prediction - NFL Picks 12/10/23
Cleveland Browns (7-5) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (8-4)
Game Info: Sunday, December 10, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Cleveland Browns Stadium)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Browns -3 -- Over/Under: 33.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Jacksonville Jaguars will play the Cleveland Browns on Sunday afternoon at Cleveland Browns Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio. Jacksonville has won two of their last three games, while Cleveland is on a two game losing streak. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Jaguars vs Browns prediction.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are 8-4 this year after they lost to Cincinnati in overtime by a score of 34-31 in their last game. Jacksonville led 28-21 in the fourth quarter, but needed a late field goal to force overtime, before losing in the extra frame. The Jaguars were out gained by a total of 491-376 and allowed Cincinnati to go 8-14 on third downs. Jacksonville won their previous two games against Houston (24-21) and Tennessee (34-14). The Jaguars offense is scoring 23.8 points per game with 243.6 passing yards per game and 103.3 rushing yards per game. Trevor Lawrence was hurt in the second half of that game against the Bengals and is questionable to play. I personally don’t think Lawrence will play in this game, which means we would see C.J. Beathard. Travis Etienne Jr. (questionable) has rushed for 771 yards and eight scores, while Calvin Ridley has caught 51 passes for 689 yards and five touchdowns. The Jacksonville defense is giving up 21.6 points against per game this year.
The Cleveland Browns are 7-5 this season after they lost to the Rams by a score of 36-19 in their last game. Cleveland scored to cut the lead to 20-19 in the fourth quarter, but they missed the extra point and it all went downhill from there. The Browns were out gained by a total of 399-327 and went 7-16 on third down in the game. Cleveland lost to Denver in the game before Los Angeles, but they did defeat Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Arizona in the three games prior to that. The Browns offense is averaging 21.5 points per game with 186.1 passing yards per game and 135.1 rushing yards per game. Cleveland has not announced a starting qb for this game, so we may see Joe Flacco or Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Jerome Ford has rushed for 647 yards and three touchdowns, while Amari Cooper (questionable) has caught 50 passes for 799 yards and two scores. The Cleveland defense is allowing 20.4 points against per game this season.
Cleveland Browns Team Facts
- The Browns have won each of their last seven games at Cleveland Browns Stadium following a loss.
- The Browns have covered the spread in each of their last seven home games following a loss.
- The home team has won the first quarter in six of the Browns' last seven games.
- The favorites have won the first half in 17 of the Browns' last 18 games.
- The Browns have scored the first touchdown in 13 of their last 14 games as home favorites.
Jacksonville Jaguars Team Facts
- The Jaguars have won eight of their last nine Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Jaguars have covered the spread in eight of their last nine Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Jaguars have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last nine games.
- The Jaguars have lost the first quarter in each of their last five Week 14 games against AFC opponents.
- The Jaguars have lost the first half in five of their last six Week 14 games against AFC opponents.
Cleveland Browns Player Prop Facts
- Jerome Ford has scored the first touchdown in three of the Browns' last four Sunday games as favorites.
- Nick Chubb has recorded 87+ rushing yards in eight of his last nine appearances at Cleveland Browns Stadium.
- Nick Chubb has recorded 99+ rushing and receiving yards in eight of his last nine appearances at Cleveland Browns Stadium.
- Deshaun Watson has recorded 234+ passing yards in seven of his last eight regular season home appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Nick Chubb has scored a touchdown in four of his last five appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Elijah Moore has recorded 44+ receiving yards in each of the Browns' last four games.
- Deshaun Watson has recorded 24+ completions in eight of his last 10 regular season home appearances against AFC opponents.
- Deshaun Watson has thrown two or more touchdowns in 12 of his last 15 appearances following a loss.
- Dustin Hopkins ranks T1st in the NFL in 50+ yard field goals made (7) this season.
Jacksonville Jaguars Player Prop Facts
- Evan Engram has scored at least one touchdown in three of his last four December road appearances.
- Christian Kirk has recorded 52+ receiving yards in seven of the Jaguars' last eight games as underdogs.
- Amani Oruwariye is just one away from 10 career interceptions.
- The Browns rank 1st in the NFL in time of possession per game this season (33:22).
- The Browns rank 32nd in the NFL in Q1 opponent points per game this season (7.2).
- The Jaguars rank T31st in the NFL in Q3 opponent points per game this season (6.7).
- The Jaguars rank 2nd in the NFL in H1 opponent points per game this season (7.3).
Jaguars vs Browns Betting Prediction
Both of these teams could be dealing with backup quarterbacks, while trying to fight for the playoffs, but this would be Jacksonville’s first full game without Lawrence under center. The Jaguars defense had a very difficult time with Browning and the Bengals offense on Monday night, so it is tough to tell how they will play here. Cleveland is at home and they have a pretty good defense, but they have allowed 36, 29, and 31 points in three of their last four games. The total for this game is very low, but I think we can hit this number. Beathard is not a bad backup (if Lawrence is out), while the Jaguars defense shouldn’t be trusted after Monday’s performance. Take the over here.