Buccaneers vs Falcons Prediction - NFL Picks 12/10/23
Atlanta Falcons (6-6) vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-7)
Game Info: Sunday, December 10, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Falcons -2.5 -- Over/Under: 40.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will play the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday afternoon at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia. Tampa Bay has lost two of their last three games, while Atlanta has won two games in a row. Let’s take a look at the betting matchup and the Buccaneers vs Falcons prediction.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are 5-7 this year after they defeated Carolina by a score of 21-18 in their last game. Tampa Bay led 7-3 at halftime, but they trailed 10-7 in the third quarter, before they scored the next 14 points to take control. The Buccaneers out gained Carolina by a total of 322-282 and held Carolina to only 3-15 on third downs. Tampa Bay lost their previous two games against Indianapolis and San Francisco. The Tampa Bay offense is scoring 19.4 points per game with 220.4 passing yards per game and 85.2 rushing yards per game. Baker Mayfield has thrown for 2,790 yards, 18 touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Buccaneers this season. Rachaad White has rushed for 643 yards and five touchdowns, while Mike Evans has caught 61 passes for 1,012 yards and 10 scores. The Tampa Bay defense is allowing 20.4 points against per game this year.
The Atlanta Falcons are 6-6 this season after they defeated the Jets by a score of 13-8 in their last game. Atlanta led 10-5 at the half, and they were able to hold on for the win, despite only scoring three points in the second half. The Falcons were out gained by a total of 259-194 and forced three turnovers in the win. Atlanta defeated New Orleans by a score of 24-15 in their previous game, but they did lose the three games prior to that. The Falcons offense is averaging 18.8 points per game with 193.4 passing yards per game and 135.2 rushing yards per game. Desmond Ridder has thrown for 2,029 yards, eight touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Falcons this season. Bijan Robinson has rushed for 756 yards and three touchdowns, while Drake London has caught 46 passes for 573 yards and two scores. The Atlanta defense is giving up 20 points against per game this season.
Atlanta Falcons Team Facts
- The Falcons have lost four of their last five games as favorites.
- The Falcons have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium against teams that held a losing record.
- The Falcons have lost the first quarter in seven of their last eight games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Falcons have won the first half in each of their last four games.
- The Falcons have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games played on the East Coast.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Facts
- The home team has won each of the Buccaneers' last six games.
- The Buccaneers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five road games following a Division win.
- The Buccaneers have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last nine games as road underdogs against NFC South opponents.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first quarter in 12 of their last 13 games following a win.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first half in each of their last seven December games as road underdogs against NFC opponents.
Atlanta Falcons Player Prop Facts
- Cordarrelle Patterson has scored a touchdown in each of his two previous appearances with the Falcons as home favorites against NFC South opponents.
- Drake London has recorded 47+ receiving yards in seven of his last eight appearances at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- Tyler Allgeier has recorded 39+ rushing yards in each of the Falcons' last 14 Sunday games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- Desmond Ridder has recorded 224+ passing yards in four of his last five appearances with the Falcons as home favorites.
- Desmond Ridder has recorded 19+ completions in five of his last six Sunday appearances with the Falcons as home favorites.
- Jessie Bates III ranks 3rd in the NFL in interceptions (5) this season.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Player Prop Facts
- Mike Evans has scored the last touchdown in three of the Buccaneers' last four games played on the East Coast.
- Baker Mayfield has thrown two or more touchdowns in five of the Buccaneers' last six games as road underdogs.
- Baker Mayfield has recorded 12+ rushing yards in each of his last three road appearances on the East Coast.
- Baker Mayfield has recorded 237+ passing yards in four of the Buccaneers' last five games as road underdogs.
- Cade Otton has recorded 27+ receiving yards in each of the Buccaneers' last four road games.
- Russell Gage has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last four regular season appearances with his team as an underdog.
- Rachaad White has recorded 98+ rushing and receiving yards in six of the Buccaneers' last seven games.
- Mike Evans ranks 2nd in the NFL in receiving touchdowns (10) this season.
- The Falcons rank 30th in the NFL in punt return yards per game this season (10.3).
- The Falcons rank 3rd in the NFL in Q4 opponent points per game this season (3.8).
- The Buccaneers rank 28th in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game this season (257.9).
- The Buccaneers rank T5th in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (8).
Buccaneers vs Falcons Betting Prediction
Atlanta comes into this game on a two game winning streak and they are currently first in the NFC South, but Tampa Bay is only one game behind. Neither team has been great this year, but they are taking advantage of a bad NFC South. The Falcons are 4-2 at home and they have played very good defense in their last two games. Tampa Bay beat a bad Carolina team last time out, but they allowed 27 points in each of the two games prior to that. I do think Atlanta is the better team, despite their quarterback situation, and I am going to take them to get the big win at home.