Patriots vs Steelers Prediction - NFL Picks 12/7/23
Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5) vs New England Patriots (2-10)
Game Info: Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Acrisure Stadium)
Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -6 -- Over/Under: 30 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Amazon Prime Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers face off on Thursday in an NFL showdown at Acrisure Stadium. Let’s look at the betting matchup and give a free Patriots vs Steelers prediction.
Bailey Zappe Expected to Start for the Patriots
Bailey Zappe is expected to start for the Patriots here, and he’s going to need to perform better than he did in the last game. He completed 13 of his 25 passes for 141 yards, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions. He needs to be more dynamic or they will lose this game 6-0 like they did against the Los Angeles Chargers. Rhamondre Stevenson was also hurt in that game and he’s expected to miss this game. The Patriots overall are averaging 12.3 points while their defense is giving up 21.7 points per game. This game is going to come down to the Patriots finding some way to get the offense going.
Patriots Betting Trends
- The Patriots have lost eight of their last nine December games against AFC opponents.
- The Patriots have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six December games against AFC opponents.
- The Patriots have lost the first half in each of their last six December games against AFC opponents.
- The Patriots have won the first quarter in each of their last two Thursday games as underdogs.
- The Patriots have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven Week 14 games.
Steelers Are Frauds
The Steelers might sit with a 7-5 record overall but they were defeated in the last game by the Arizona Cardinals, and they looked awful. The offense only scored 10 points and Kenny Pickett suffered an ankle injury that is going to keep him out for at least a couple of weeks. Mitchell Trubisky came in and he completed 11 of his 17 passes for 117 yards, one touchdown, and zero interception. Overall this season the Steelers are averaging 16 points while their defense is giving up 19.1 points per game. In this game Trubsiky is going to need to have a huge game.
Steelers Betting Trends
- The Steelers have lost each of their last three games as favorites against AFC East opponents.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in nine of their last 10 games at Acrisure Stadium following a loss.
- The Steelers have lost the first half in each of their last six games against AFC opponents.
- The Steelers have lost the first quarter in each of their last four December games as home favorites against AFC opponents.
- Each of the Steelers' last seven games against AFC opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Patriots vs Steelers Betting Prediction
The real losers of this game are whoever is going to watch this game, because it’s going to be an ugly one. The Patriots are averaging 12.3 points per game, and they aren’t going to get to that number here. Bailey Zappe is going to have another awful game, and it’s going to be ugly. The Steelers are averaging only 16 points per game, and they are going to really struggle to get the offense going here. Both of these offenses are going to struggle, and this game won’t even reach 20 points. Back the under to cash here with ease.