Detroit Lions (7-2) vs Chicago Bears (3-7)
Game Info: Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Ford Field)
Betting Odds: Detroit Lions -8.5 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Bears will head to the Motor City to meet the Detroit Lions in divisional play this weekend from Ford Field on FOX.
Chicago Bears Preview
Chicago moved to 3-7 after defeating Carolina at home by three, 16-13. The Bears grinded out a victory on a short week, and they’ll look to double down here on the road. The Chicago offense is scoring 20.4 ppg, while passing for 278.6 ypg, rushing for 139.0 ypg, and converting 43.6% of their third downs.
Bears Player Props
• Justin Fields is set to return behind center this weekend after missing four games with a thumb injury. The former OSU QB was beginning to find his stride prior to exiting the lineup, and he’ll face quite the test here in Detroit. Fields has thrown for 1,201 yards with eleven touchdowns to six interceptions, and he’s rushed for 237 yards and a score through six starts.
• D’Onta Foreman was productive in Khalil Herbert’s absence, but the latter is set to return to the lineup this weekend. Herbert has rushed for 272 yards on 51 carries this season.
• D.J. Moore caught five passes for 58 yards against his former team, and he leads Chicago in receptions (52) and receiving yards (793).
• Cole Kmet has caught five passes or more in five of the last six games, and he’s second on the team with 46 catches for 419 yards.
• The Chicago defense is allowing 25.5 points per game.
Detroit Lions Preview
Detroit improved to 7-2 after defeating Los Angeles on the road by three, 41-38. The Lions managed to outduel the Chargers and leave LA on a last second field, and they’ll look to build on that here against Chicago. The Detroit offense is scoring 26.8 ppg, while passing for 278.6 ypg, rushing for 139.0 ypg, and converting 39.7% of their third downs.
Detroit Player Props
• Jared Goff played well in his return to Los Angeles, passing for 333 yards and a pair of touchdowns. The former Rams QB has been one of the best stories in the league this season, and after quarterbacking a strong road victory last week, he’ll look to deliver again here at Ford Field.
• David Montgomery returned and made his presence felt immediately with his third 100-yard performance of the season, and he leads the Lions in rushing with 501 yards on 106 carries.
• Jahmyr Gibbs scored multiple touchdowns in the win over LAC, and he’s second on the team with 476 yards, and he’s caught 31 passes out of the backfield.
• Amon-Ra St. Brown went off for a season-high 156 yards in his homecoming spot at Sofi, and he leads Detroit in receptions (65) and receiving yards (821).
• Sam LaPorta has caught four passes or more in all but one game this season, and he’s second on the team with splits of 47/474/4.
• The Detroit defense is allowing 20.6 points per game.
Chicago vs Detroit Trends
• CHI is 3-5-2 against the spread, with a 6-4 O/U record.
• DET is 7-2 ATS, with a 5-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Chicago receiving Justin Fields back may give them a boost on the field, but this feels like a game Detroit could make ugly fast at home. There’s a decent chance this one is contested since it’s a divisional matchup, but in the end this is a game the Lions should handle well at home. Fields will have rust to shake off, but this isn’t the ideal spot to make his return to the field in, as the Lions represent one of the top defenses in the NFL. Let’s back Detroit to handle business here in this NFC North matchup.