Titans vs Buccaneers Prediction - NFL Picks 11/12/23
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5) vs Tennessee Titans (3-5)
Game Info: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Raymond James Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Buccaneers -1.5 -- Over/Under: 38.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tennessee Titans will play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday afternoon at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. Tennessee has lost three of their last four games, while Tampa Bay has lost four straight games.
The Tennessee Titans are 3-5 this season after they lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers by a score of 20-16 in their last game. Tennessee led 13-10 at halftime, but they only scored three points in the second half for the loss. The Titans out gained Pittsburgh by a total of 340-326 and went 3-13 on third downs in the game. Tennessee’s three wins this year came against Atlanta, Cincinnati, and the Chargers. The Tennessee offense is scoring 18.5 points per game with 187.5 passing yards per game and 114.5 rushing yards per game. Will Levis has thrown for 500 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception for the Titans this season. Derrick Henry has rushed for 601 yards and four scores, while DeAndre Hopkins (questionable) has caught 35 passes for 564 yards and three touchdowns. The Tennessee defense is allowing 20 points against per game this year.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are 3-5 this year after they lost to the Houston Texans by a score of 39-37 last week. Tampa Bay led 17-10, 23-16, and 37-33, but allowed a touchdown with six seconds left to lose the game. The Buccaneers were out gained by a total of 496-332 and went 3-13 on third downs in the loss. Tampa Bay has also lost to Buffalo, Atlanta, and Detroit during this losing streak. The Tampa Bay offense is averaging 19.8 points per game with 224.3 passing yards per game and 78.3 rushing yards per game. Baker Mayfield has thrown for 1,865 yards, 12 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Bucs this year. Rachaad White has rushed for 378 yards and three touchdowns, while Mike Evans has caught 37 passes for 594 yards and five scores. The Tampa Bay defense is giving up 20.9 points against per game this season.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Facts
- The Buccaneers have lost each of their last four games as favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Buccaneers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight home games following a loss.
- The Buccaneers have won the first half in five of their last six games as home favorites following a road loss.
- The Buccaneers have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last 10 games as home favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first quarter in three of their last four Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
Tennessee Titans Team Facts
- The Titans have lost each of their last six Sunday road games.
- The Titans have covered the spread in five of their last six road games against NFC opponents.
- The Titans have won the first half in four of their last five games as slight underdogs (<+3.5 points).
- The Titans have won the first quarter in each of their last three games as road underdogs following a road loss.
- Eight of the Titans' last nine Sunday road games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Player Prop Facts
- Mike Evans has scored at least one touchdown in four of the Buccaneers' last five regular season home games.
- Baker Mayfield has thrown two or more touchdowns in three of his last four appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Baker Mayfield has recorded 24+ completions in three of his last four Sunday home appearances.
- Baker Mayfield has recorded 14+ rushing yards in four of his last five appearances with his team as a favorite following a loss.
- Chris Godwin has recorded 59+ receiving yards in each of his eight previous appearances with the Buccaneers as home favorites against AFC opponents.
- Baker Mayfield has recorded 258+ passing yards in each of his three previous appearances with his team as a favorite in Florida.
- Rachaad White has recorded 78+ rushing and receiving yards in four of the Buccaneers' last five Sunday games.
- Rachaad White ranks 1st amongst qualified players for catch rate (97.1%) this season.
Tennessee Titans Player Prop Facts
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine has scored a touchdown in three of the Titans' last four games following a loss.
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine has recorded 25+ receiving yards in each of the Titans' last five games following a loss.
- Tyjae Spears has recorded 27+ rushing yards in four of the Titans' last five games as underdogs following a loss.
- Tyjae Spears has recorded 55+ rushing and receiving yards in three of the Titans' last four games following a loss.
- Ryan Stonehouse ranks 1st in the AFC amongst qualified players for gross average yards per punt (52.3) this season.
- The Buccaneers rank T2nd in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (8).
- The Buccaneers rank T2nd in the NFL in 4th down percentage this season (75.0%).
- The Titans are one of only two teams in the NFL with 100% success rate on field goals and extra points this season.
- The Titans rank 2nd in the NFL in average yards per punt this season (52.3).
Both of these teams come into this matchup struggling, but the good news is that one team will get a win here. Tennessee is 0-4 on the road this season and their offense has not been very good. Tampa Bay is 1-3 at home and they lost their last two home games to Detroit and Atlanta. The Buccaneers played well enough offensively to win last week, but their defense was horrible, especially on the last drive. I like Tampa Bay in this game, as I don’t think the Tennessee offense poses nearly as much of a risk as their last two opponents. Take the Buccaneers here.