Texans vs Bengals Prediction - NFL Picks 11/12/23
Cincinnati Bengals (5-3) vs Houston Texans (4-4)
Game Info: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Paycor Stadium)
Betting Odds: Cincinnati Bengals -6 -- Over/Under: 47 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Texans and Cincinnati Bengals face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at Paul Brown Stadium.
Bengals Could be Shorthanded in This Game
The Bengals could be missing some key receivers in this game. Ja’Marr Chase is dealing with a back injury while Tee Higgins is dealing with a hamstring injury. Chase is officially questionable for this game while Higgins is doubtful. After a slow start to the season the Bengals sit with a 5-3 record and they are coming off a big win against the Buffalo Bills. Joe Burrow completed 31 of his 44 passes for 348 yards and two touchdowns. The Bengals are averaging 19.4 points while their defense is giving up 20.3 points per game. In this game, some of the other receivers are going to need to step up.
Bengals Betting Trends
- The Bengals have lost each of their last eight Week 10 games.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in each of their last six November games as favorites.
- The Bengals have won the first half in seven of their last eight games at Paycor Stadium following a win.
- The Bengals have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games as home favorites against AFC opponents.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the last two games between the Texans and Bengals.
CJ Stroud Quickly Turning into a Star
CJ Stroud has led the Texans to a 4-4 record and he sure was impressive in the last game. The Texans scored 39 points and they ended up beating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers by two points. CJ Stroud completed 30 his 42 passes for 470 yards and five touchdowns. Devin Singletary was the top rusher and he only had 26 yards. The Texans on the season are averaging 23.9 points while their defense is giving up 20.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 11th, and they are going to need the offense to be good here.
Texans Betting Trends
- The Texans have lost each of their last six road games following a win.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in eight of the Texans' last nine games.
- The Texans have won the first quarter in three of their last four Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Texans have lost the first half in each of their last four November road games against AFC North opponents.
- The Texans have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six Sunday games.
Shane’s Free Pick
CJ Stroud is a star, and he is coming off a game where he threw for five touchdowns. The Bengals defense is going to really struggle here, and Stroud is going to have a big game again here, throwing at least three touchdowns. I do think the Texans defense is going to struggle here, and even with the Bengals missing a couple of wide receivers, they are going to find success through the air. This total is too low. Back the over to cash here.