Saints vs Vikings Prediction - NFL Picks 11/12/23
Minnesota Vikings (5-4) vs New Orleans Saints (5-4)
Game Info: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm (U.S. Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Vikings +3 -- Over/Under: 41 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New Orleans Saints and Minnesota Vikings face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at US Bank Stadium.
Can Josh Dobbs do it Again?
Josh Dobbs had only been with the Minnesota Vikings a few days when he had to come in to replace an injured Jaren Hall and he led the team to a 31-28 victory. Dobbs completed 20 of his 30 passes for 158 yards and two touchdowns. T.J. Hockenson also had a strong game finishing with seven catches for 78 yards. With more time to learn the playbook, the hope is that he’s going to have another big game here. The Vikings are averaging 22.9 points while their defense is giving up 21.1 points per game. Justin Jefferson has returned to practice, but it’s not expected that he will play here.
Vikings Betting Trends
- The Vikings have won each of their last four Week 10 games as underdogs.
- The Vikings have covered the spread in seven of their last eight Week 10 games as underdogs.
- The favorites have won the first half in seven of the last eight games between the Saints and Vikings.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in each of their last four Sunday home games.
Saints Look for Third Straight Win
The Saints sit with a 5-4 record overall and they have won two games in a row. In the last game against the Bears it took a 4th quarter where they didn’t give up any points, but that was enough for the 24-17 victory. Derek Carr completed 25 of his 34 passes for 211 yards and two touchdowns. Chris Olave caught six passes for 46 yards and a touchdown. The Saints are averaging 21.7 points while their defense is giving up 19 points per game. The defense is ranked 7th and they are going to need the defense to step up here.
Saints Betting Trends
- The Saints have lost three of their last four Sunday games as road favorites.
- The Saints have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games as favorites following a win.
- The Saints have lost the first quarter in three of their last four Week 10 games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Saints have lost the first half in five of their last six games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Saints have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six road games against NFC opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
Dobbs is going to struggle here. He had a couple of turnovers against the Falcons in the last game, and the turnovers are going to hurt him again here. Carr threw two touchdowns in the last game and he’s going to have a big game again here. The Vikings offense isn’t going to keep up here and that is going to be the difference as the Saints are going to get the job one here. Back the Saints against the spread.