Lions at Chargers Prediction - NFL Picks 11/12/23
Los Angeles Chargers (4-4) vs Detroit Lions (6-2)
Game Info: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 4:05 pm (SoFi Stadium)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Chargers +3 -- Over/Under: 48.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Chargers will host the Detroit Lions this Sunday from SoFi Stadium on CBS.
Detroit Lions Preview
Detroit improved to 6-2 after defeating Las Vegas at home, 26-14. The Lions did the entire Raiders organization a favor by picking up the victory, and they’ll now look to double down on the AFC West Sunday. The Detroit offense is scoring 25.1 ppg, while passing for 259.4 ypg, rushing for 131.4 ypg, and converting 40.7% of their third downs.
Detroit Player Props
• Jared Goff bounced back with a winning effort at home last Monday, going 26/37 for 272 yards with a score and a pick. was able to relax in the second half of last week's win, and he finished with 210 yards with a score and a pick. The former Rams QB has gone from being overrated to becoming one of the more reliable signal callers in the league, and he’ll look to deliver more winning results this weekend.
• Jahmyr Gibbs had a breakout game against the Raiders, going for 152 yards and a score, and he now leads the Lions in rushing yards (399), with 28 catches.
• David Montgomery is set to return to the lineup this weekend, and he scored in four straight games prior to going down with an injury.
• Amon-Ra St. Brown has reached the 100-yard mark in four of the last five games, and he leads Detroit in receptions (57) and receiving yards (665). L
• Sam LaPorta caught eight passes and scored in the win over LV, and he’s second on the team with splits of 43/434/4.
• The Detroit defense is allowing 20.8 points per game.
Los Angeles Chargers Preview
Los Angeles moved to 4-4 after defeating New York at MetLife, 27-6. The Chargers got a strong physical effort from both sides of the ball, and they’ll look to jump above .500 this weekend. The LAC offense is scoring 25.1 ppg, while passing for 259.4 ypg, rushing for 101.1 ypg, and converting 41.4% of their third downs.
Chargers Player Props
• Justin Herbert didn’t have to do much in the win over the Jets, as passed for just a season-low 136 yards. The former Oregon quarterback has been relied on less this season with Kellen Moore calling the plays, but he may have to air things out here with a strong Detroit squad coming to town. Herbert has passed for 2,026 yards with 13 touchdowns to four interceptions thru nine starts.
• Austin Ekeler scored twice to salvage a quiet outing in New York, he’s up to 465 total yards (265 rush, 200 rec) and four touchdowns for the season.
• Keenan Allen has caught eight passes in back-to-back games, and he leads LAC in receptions (62) and receiving yards (720).
• The San Diego defense has allowed 21.8 ppg.
Detroit vs Los Angeles Trends
• DET is 6-2 against the spread, with a 4-4 O/U record.
• LAC is 4-4 ATS, with a 2-6 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
This will be a big spot for the Chargers, as they’ll have a chance to pin a signature win on their home turf, and I believe they’ll come to play Sunday. Detroit was touted in their last road game, so it’s going to take a sharp outing from LAC here, and after losing to Miami, Kansas City, and Dallas, this team needs to see success in this spot. The Over could be in play here due to both successful offenses, but let’s back the Chargers to show up Sunday and spot them the points for this one.