Falcons at Cardinals Prediction - NFL Picks 11/12/23
Arizona Cardinals (1-8) vs Atlanta Falcons (4-5)
Game Info: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 4:05 pm (State Farm Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona Cardinals +0.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Falcons will head out to Phoenix to face the Arizona Cardinals this Sunday from State Farm Stadium on CBS.
Atlanta Falcons Preview
Atlanta dropped to 4-5 after losing to Minnesota at home by three, 31-28. The Falcons let Josh Dobbs lead a magical comeback against them, and they’ll now look to avoid a third straight loss here in the desert. The Atlanta offense is scoring 18.4 ppg, while passing for 181.2 ypg, rushing for 124.4 ypg, and converting 36.5% of their third downs.
Falcons Player Props
• Taylor Heinicke played well despite the final result in his first start, passing for 268 yards, with a touchdown to an interception. The former ODU QB and hometown product comes into a must-win for Atlanta, and he’s capable of getting the job done. Heinicke has passed for 443 yards, with two touchdowns to an interception thru two games.
• Bijan Robinson only gained 59 yards last week, but there’s a chance he could see an uptick in usage soon. Robinson leads the Falcons in rushing with 517 yards on 103 carries, and he’s caught 28 passes.
• Drake London is set to return to the lineup this weekend after missing last week, and he leads ATL in receptions (37) and receiving yards (438).
• Kyle Pitts and Jonnu Smith continue to serve as top pass catching options as well, with the latter second on the team with 34 catches for 422 yards, and the former posting splits of 32/389/1.
• The Atlanta defense is allowing 21.3 points per game.
Arizona Cardinals Preview
Arizona fell to 1-8 after losing to Cleveland by a massive margin, 27-0. The Cardinals went into this matchup with their QB3 behind center and stood no chance against the fierce Browns defense, so they’ll look to bounce back here at home with a special change at the quarterback position. The Arizona offense is scoring 16.8 ppg, while passing for 181.2 ypg, rushing for 127.0 ypg, and converting 36.5% of their third downs.
Cardinals Player Props
• Kyler Murray is set to return this weekend, and it could mean big things for the offense in the immediate future. The former OU quarterback passed for 2,368 yards, with 14 touchdowns to seven interceptions thru eleven games last season.
• James Conner is listed as questionable, so Keaontay Ingram may lead the backfield again after a subpar outing in Cleveland.
• Marquise Brown scored against his former squad last weekend, and he leads ARZ in receptions (42) and receiving yards (440).
• The Atlanta defense is allowing 26.7 points per game.
Atlanta vs Arizona Trends
• ATL is 2-7 against the spread, with a 3-6 O/U record.
• ARZ is 4-5 ATS, with a 5-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Kyler Murray’s return will be big for the Cardinals, but he’ll be up against a stiff unit that simply has to defeat a 1-8 team at this point in the season. The Falcons last two losses have been tough to absorb, as they lost to a rookie quarterback, and a QB that joined the roster four days prior. I wouldn’t be surprised if Arizona keeps this game within an arm’s reach, but Atlanta needs this one heading into their bye. Let’s back Atlanta this weekend in Phoenix, as they should feel some pressure to execute.