Commanders at Seahawks Prediction - NFL Picks 11/12/23
Seattle Seahawks (5-3) vs Washington Commanders (4-5)
Game Info: Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 4:25 pm (Lumen Field)
Betting Odds: Seattle Seahawks -5.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Seahawks will host the Washington Commanders this Sunday from Lumen Field on FOX.
Washington Commanders Preview
Washington fell to 4-5 after defeating New England in Foxboro, 20-17. The Commanders avoided a second three-game skid with a win over the Pats, and they’ll look to get back to .500 here. The Washington offense is scoring 21.2 ppg, while passing for 274.6 ypg, rushing for 90.1 ypg, and converting 36.0% of their third downs.
Commanders Player Props
• Sam Howell reached the 300-yard mark again last week versus the Patriots, going 29/45 for 325 yards with a touchdown to an interception. The former UNC QB followed up his strong performance against Philly well, and he’ll now look to deliver again here on the road. Howell has passed for 2,471 yards with 14 touchdowns to nine interceptions thru nine starts.
• Brian Robinson found the endzone in last weekend’s victory, and he leads the Commanders with 447 yards on 113 carries.
• Terry McLaurin reached the 70-yard mark for the third time in four games, and he leads Washington in receptions (47) and receiving yards (568).
• Jahan Dotson has scored in back-to-back weeks, and he’s now posting splits of 34/360/3.
• The Washington defense has allowed 27.2 ppg.
Seattle Seahawks Preview
Seattle improved to 5-3 after falling to Baltimore on the road, 37-3. The Seahawks were blasted by the Ravens from the first whistle, and they’ll look to strike some revenge on the DMV here at home. The Seattle offense is scoring 21.4 ppg, while passing for 233.1 ypg, rushing for 97.3 ypg, and converting 31.9% of their third downs.
Seahawks Player Props
• Geno Smith had a performance to forget in Baltimore last weekend, going 13/28 for 157 yards with an interception. The former WVU quarterback has seen better days, and he’ll look to use this home spot against a vulnerable Washington defense to his benefit. Smith has passed for 1,802 yards, with nine touchdowns to seven interceptions thru eight games.
• Kenneth Walker III missed the 60-yard mark for the first time in six games last weekend, but he still leads the Seahawks with 532 yards rushing on 126 carries.
• DK Metcalf managed to gain 50 yards on just one catch last week, and he leads Seattle in receiving yards (454), with 28 catches.
• Tyler Lockett is first on the team in receptions (38), for 402 yards receiving.
• The Seattle defense has allowed 21.9 ppg.
Washington vs Seattle Trends
• WAS is 4-4-1 against the spread, with a 4-5 O/U record.
• SEA is 4-3-1 ATS, with a 3-5 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Washington picked up a strong win on the road last week, and they’ll now have to face an angry Seattle team that was thrashed by their DMV rivals. All of the motive is there for the Seahawks to bounce back quickly, and I like buying into that for this contest. The Commanders are turnover prone, inconsistent, and shaky in their back four, and the Seahawks should be able to capitalize on each of those weaknesses. Washington tends to find themselves in high-scoring affairs on the road, but let’s trust a motivated Seattle team to bounce back from a bad loss to Baltimore here at home.