Panthers vs Bears Prediction - NFL Picks 11/9/23
Chicago Bears (2-7) vs Carolina Panthers (1-7)
Game Info: Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Soldier Field)
Betting Odds: Chicago Bears -4 -- Over/Under: 39 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Amazon Prime Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears face off on Thursday in an NFL showdown at Solider Field.
Panthers Made a Mistake Taking Bryce Young
It’s only halfway through his rookie season, but the Panthers made the wrong decision taking Bryce Young. Last week CJ Stroud threw for 470 yards and five touchdowns, and he should have been the quarterback leading the Panthers. On Sunday, Bryce Young was facing off against the Indianapolis Colts, and he threw for 173 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. The offense only managed 13 points and they ended up losing 27-13. The Panthers are averaging 17.5 points while their defense is giving up 28.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 26th while the defense is ranked 31st. Young is going to need to have a big game if the Panthers want to find success.
Panthers Betting Trends
- The Panthers have lost each of their last seven road games following a home loss.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Panthers' last three Week 10 games.
- The Panthers have scored the first touchdown in 10 of their last 11 Week 10 games.
- The Panthers have lost the first half in eight of their last nine road games against NFC North opponents.
Whoever Plays at Quarterback Needs to Be Better
The Bears have made it clear that if Justin Fields is healthy, he will be starting in this game, the big question is will he be healthy. Tyson Bagent started the last game for the Bears and he completed 18 of his 30 passes for 220 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. He did show some flashes, but the interceptions were an issue and needs to be cleaned up. The Bears are averaging 20.9 points while their defense is giving up 26.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 19th, while the defense is ranked 28th.
Bears Betting Trends
- The Bears have lost each of their last nine games following a road loss.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six home games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Bears have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games as favorites following a road loss.
- The Bears have lost the first quarter in each of their last three games against teams that held a losing record.
- The underdogs have won the first half in each of the last four games between the Panthers and Bears.
Shane’s Free Pick
These are two offenses that I don’t really trust, and both offenses are going to really struggle in this game. Especially Bryce Young is going to struggle to move the ball here, and that will be the difference as this game is lower scoring. There isn’t a strong play on the side, but neither team is going to reach 17 points and that will be the difference as this game is going to stay under the total. Back the under.