Vikings at Falcons Prediction - NFL Picks 11/5/23
Atlanta Falcons (4-4) vs Minnesota Vikings (4-4)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Falcons -0.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Minnesota Vikings will head down to Georgia to face the Atlanta Falcons this Sunday from Mercedes-Benz Stadium on FOX.
Minnesota Vikings Preview
Minnesota moved to 4-4 after defeating Green Bay at Lambeau, 24-10. The Vikings controlled the entire contest to get back to .500, but it came at a major cost. The Minnesota offense is scoring 21.9 ppg, while passing for 294.3 ypg, rushing for 73.3 ypg, and converting 41.3% of their third downs.
Minnesota Player Props
• Kirk Cousins suffered an Achilles injury in the win over Green Bay, and the Vikings will now turn to rookie QB Jaren Hall behind center. The former BYU quarterback finished the second half of last week’s win, and he’ll look to lead the Vikes to a fourth straight victory Sunday.
• Alexander Mattison failed to surpass the 45-yard mark in four games during October, but he leads the team in rushing with 390 yards on 106 carries.
• Jordan Addison has taken on a bigger role in Justin Jefferson’s absence, and after scoring in four straight games, he’s posting splits of 36/482/7.
• T.J. Hockenson has caught six passes or more in six of the last eight games, and he leads Minnesota in receptions (53) for 478 receiving yards.
• The Minnesota defense is allowing 20.3 points per game.
Atlanta Falcons Preview
Atlanta dropped to 4-4 after losing to Tennessee in Nashville by five, 28-23. The Falcons were unable to defeat their head coach's former team, and they’ll look to get back above .500 this weekend. The Atlanta offense is scoring 17.3 ppg, while passing for 237.3 ypg, rushing for 126.3 ypg, and converting 38% of their third downs.
Falcons Player Props
• Taylor Heinicke replaced Desmond Ridder behind center last weekend, and he’s set to get the nod here in Week 9. The former ODU QB and hometown product found success in Washington behind center as a spot starter, and he may be able to keep the Vikings afloat with the weapons they possess.
• Bijan Robinson found the endzone for the first time in his career, and he leads the Falcons in rushing with 466 yards on 92 carries.
• Drake London will be out for this game, meaning Kyle Pitts may see an uptick in targets. You truly never know with Arthur Smith in charge, but there’s optimism for the talented tight end. Pitts has caught 28 passes for 333 yards and a touchdown.
• The Atlanta defense is allowing 20.1 points per game.
Minnesota vs Atlanta Trends
• MIN is 4-3-1 against the spread, with a 1-$ O/U record.
• ATL is 2-6 ATS, with a 2-6 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Minnesota coming into the Dome without their two best offensive players couldn’t be problematic, and with Atlanta entering on the heels of a loss, they’ve got a good shot to get back into the win column. The Falcons have performed notably better at home this season, and I believe they’ll capitalize on facing a rookie signal caller. With both teams set to start their backup quarterbacks, the Under will be in play, but let’s trust Atlanta responding here at home.