Rams vs Packers Prediction - NFL Picks 11/5/23
Green Bay Packers (2-5) vs Los Angeles Rams (3-5)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Lambeau Field)
Betting Odds: Green Bay Packers -3 -- Over/Under: 38.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Rams and Green Bay Packers face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at Lambeau Field.
Is Jordan Love the Answer?
The Packers have played only seven games so far this season, but there are already questions about if Jordan Love is the long term answer for the Packers. The Packers sit with a 2-5 record overall and maybe the team should be thinking about someone else long term. Jordan Love in the last game completed 24 of his 41 passes against the Packers for 229 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. The Packers only scored 10 points, and they need him to be better. The Packers also need to start doing a better job of getting Aaron Jones involved. The Packers are averaging 20 points while their defense is giving up 22.3 points per game. Cornerback Jaire Alexander is dealing with a back injury and is questionable for this game.
Packers Betting Trends
- The Packers have lost each of their last three November games as favorites.
- The Packers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games.
- The Packers have won the first half in each of their last seven home games against NFC West opponents.
- The Packers have lost the first quarter in each of their last two games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Packers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last seven games as favorites against NFC West opponents.
Rams Are Really Struggling Heading Into This Game
The Rams sit with a 3-5 record overall and they have had some major issues the last couple of weeks. In the Rams last game against the Cowboys the defense was awful giving up 43 points and they ended up losing by 23 points. Matthew Stafford suffered a thumb injury and he’s questionable heading into this game. He missed part of the last game and in came Brett Rypien and he went 5-10 for 42 yards. The Rams are averaging 21.8 points while their defense is giving up 23 points per game. In this game the Rams defense is going to need to step up and really put the pressure on Love and the Packers offense.
Rams Betting Trends
- The Rams have lost each of their last six road games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Rams have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games as road underdogs against NFC North opponents.
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games as underdogs following a road loss.
- The road team has won the first half in five of the Rams' last six Week 9 games.
- The Rams have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as underdogs following a road loss.
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t really care who starts for the Rams, they are going to cover the spread. I don’t believe Jordan Love is the long term answer for the Packers and he has been far too inconsistent. In this game the Packers offense is going to really struggle to move the ball and that is going to be enough for the Rams to keep this game close. Back the Rams against the spread here. I am also throwing a few dollars on the Rams to win this game outright.