Cowboys vs Eagles Prediction - NFL Picks 11/5/23
Philadelphia Eagles (7-1) vs Dallas Cowboys (5-2)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 4:25 pm (Lincoln Financial Field)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Eagles -3 -- Over/Under: 47 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at Lincoln Financial Field. The Cowboys have won four of the last five games against the Eagles.
Eagles Just Keep Winning
The Eagles come into this game with a 7-1 record and although the wins haven’t always been the most impressive, they have been wins and that’s all that matters. In the last game against the Commanders it took 21 points in the 4th quarter, but that was enough for the 38-31 victory. Jalen Hurts completed 29 of his 38 passes for 319 yards and four touchdowns. The Eagles are averaging 28 points while their defense is giving up 21.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 3rd, but the defense is ranked 19th. In this game the defense is going to be tested and will need to stand up to the test.
Eagles Betting Trends
- The Eagles have won each of their last eight games against NFC opponents.
- The home team has covered the spread in eight of the last nine games between the Cowboys and Eagles.
- The Eagles have lost the first quarter in four of their last six November games as favorites against NFC East opponents.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven games against the Cowboys.
- The Eagles have lost the first half in each of their last seven November games as favorites against NFC East opponents.
Cowboys Have Confidence
The Cowboys sit with a 5-2 record overall and they have a ton of confidence heading into this game. In the last game against the Los Angeles Rams the Cowboys scored 43 points and that was enough for the 23 point victory. Dak Prescott completed 25 of his 31 passes for 304 yards and four touchdowns and one interception. The Cowboys are averaging 28.1 points while their defense is giving up 17.1 points per game. The offense is ranked second and it’s going to need to be good here. Prescott also can’t be turning the ball over or it’s going to be a long game.
Cowboys Betting Trends
- The road team has won seven of the Cowboys' last eight Week 9 games.
- The favorites have covered the spread in eight of the Cowboys' last nine games.
- The Cowboys have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last nine games following a home win.
- The Cowboys have won the first half in seven of their last eight games as underdogs against NFC East opponents.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Cowboys' last two Week 9 games.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Cowboys have dominated the Eagles and they are going to find success again in this game. The Cowboys are giving up 17.1 points per game and they are going to step up again in this game. The Eagles defense is going to really struggle to slow down Dak Prescott and that is going to be the difference as the Cowboys are going to get the job done here. Back the Cowboys against the spread.