Colts vs Panthers Prediction - NFL Picks 11/5/23
Carolina Panthers (1-6) vs Indianapolis Colts (3-5)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 4:05 pm (Bank of America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Carolina Panthers +2.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Indianapolis Colts will play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. Indianapolis has lost three games in a row, while Carolina is coming off of their first win of the season last week.
The Indianapolis Colts are 3-5 this season after they lost to the New Orleans Saints by a score of 38-27 in their last game. Indianapolis trailed 21-20 at halftime, but they allowed the Saints to score the first 14 points of the second half to pull away. The Colts were out gained by a total of 350-207 and both teams turned the ball over one time in the game. Indianapolis has also lost to Cleveland and Jacksonville during this three game losing streak. The Indianapolis offense is averaging 25.6 points per game with 233.4 passing yards per game and 129 rushing yards per game. Gardner Minshew has thrown for 1,400 yards, seven touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Colts this season. Zack Moss (questionable) has rushed for 589 yards and five scores, while Michael Pittman Jr. has caught 50 passes for 529 yards and three touchdowns. The Indianapolis defense is giving up 28.6 points against per game this year.
The Carolina Panthers are 1-6 this year after they defeated the Houston Texans by a score of 15-13 last week. Carolina trailed 13-12 in the fourth quarter, but they were able to kick the game winning field goal with no time remaining. The Panthers were out gained by a total of 229-224 and forced one turnover in the win. Carolina had lost five of their first six games by at least eight points. The Carolina offense is scoring 18.1 points per game with 194.3 passing yards per game and 90.3 rushing yards per game. Bryce Young has thrown for 1,202 yards, seven touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Panthers this year. Chuba Hubbard has rushed for 270 yards and one touchdown, while Adam Thielen (questionable) has caught 57 passes for 581 yards and four scores. The Carolina defense is giving up 28.4 points against per game this season.
Carolina Panthers Team Facts
- The Panthers have won 11 of their last 12 games against AFC South opponents.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four home games following a win.
- The Panthers have won the first quarter in four of their last five games as underdogs following a home win.
- The Panthers have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five home games against AFC South opponents.
- The Panthers have won the first half in each of their last five games at Bank of America Stadium following a home win.
Indianapolis Colts Team Facts
- The Colts have lost each of their last seven games against NFC opponents.
- The Colts have covered the spread in nine of their last 10 November games against NFC opponents.
- The Colts have lost the first half in each of their last eight Sunday games as favorites.
- The Colts have lost the first quarter in four of their last five November games as road favorites.
- The Colts have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five Week 9 road games.
Carolina Panthers Player Prop Facts
- Tommy Tremble has scored a touchdown in each of the Panthers' last two games against AFC South opponents.
- Chuba Hubbard has recorded 25+ receiving yards in four of his last five appearances with the Panthers as underdogs following a win.
- Andy Dalton has recorded 224+ passing yards in eight of his last 10 regular season appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Miles Sanders has recorded 59+ rushing and receiving yards in eight of his nine previous appearances with his team as an underdog following a win.
- Miles Sanders has recorded 38+ rushing yards in 30 of his last 32 appearances following a win.
- Andy Dalton has recorded 20+ completions in each of his last three appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Andy Dalton has thrown two or more touchdowns in three of his last four regular season appearances against the Colts.
- Chuba Hubbard ranks T5th amongst qualified players for catch rate (88.2%) this season.
Indianapolis Colts Player Prop Facts
- Michael Pittman Jr. has scored a touchdown in four of the Colts' last five games as favorites following a loss.
- Michael Pittman Jr. has recorded 61+ receiving yards in each of the Colts' last four games as favorites following a home loss.
- Jonathan Taylor has recorded 83+ rushing yards in each of his last eight November appearances.
- Jonathan Taylor has recorded 95+ rushing and receiving yards in eight of his last nine appearances with the Colts as favorites following a loss.
- Zack Moss ranks 1st in the AFC for rushing yards (589) this season.
- The Panthers rank 2nd in the NFL in average kickoff return (30.4 yards) this season.
- The Panthers rank 2nd in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game this season (39.1).
- The Colts have scored three or more touchdowns in two consecutive games - equal-longest streak in the league.
- The Colts rank 30th in the NFL in Q2 opponent points per game this season (9.3).
The Panthers will look to make it two wins in a row in this game against an Indianapolis team that has struggled defensively. The Colts have allowed 37 points or more in three straight games, which should really help a struggling Panthers offense. On the other side of the ball, Indianapolis has been very good, averaging over 28 points per game and 360 yards per game. I think we are going to see plenty off offense once again in this game, and I am going to take the over. I know the Panthers offense has had issues, but this Colts team can’t stop anything right now. Take the over here.