Buccaneers vs Texans Prediction - NFL Picks 11/5/23
Houston Texans (3-4) vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-4)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 1:00 pm (NRG Stadium)
Betting Odds: Houston Texans -3 -- Over/Under: 40 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will play the Houston Texans on Sunday afternoon at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas. Tampa Bay has lost three games in a row, while Houston has lost two of their last three games.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are 3-4 this year after they lost to the Buffalo Bills by a score of 24-18 last week. Tampa Bay trailed 17-10 at the half and they drew within six points with three minutes left, but their comeback attempt came up short. The Buccaneers were out gained by a total of 427-302 and only went 4-15 on third downs in the loss. Tampa Bay has also lost to Atlanta and Detroit during this three game losing streak. The Tampa Bay offense is scoring 17.3 points per game with 220.4 passing yards per game and 77.9 rushing yards per game. Baker Mayfield (questionable) has thrown for 1,600 yards, 10 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Buccaneers this season. Rachaad White has rushed for 305 yards and one touchdown, while Mike Evans has caught 33 passes for 507 yards and five scores. The Tampa Bay defense is giving up 18.3 points against per game this season.
The Houston Texans are 3-4 this season after they lost to the Carolina Panthers by a score of 15-13 in their last game. Houston led 13-12 for almost all of the fourth quarter, but they allowed the game winning field goal as time expired. The Texans out gained Carolina by a total of 229-224 and turned the ball over one time in the game. Houston has wins over New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville, while picking up losses to Carolina, Atlanta, Indianapolis, and Baltimore. The Houston offense is averaging 21.1 points per game with 238.6 passing yards per game and 91.9 rushing yards per game. C.J. Stroud has thrown for 1,800 yards, nine touchdowns, and one interception for the Texans this season. Devin Singletary has rushed for 183 yards, while Nico Collins has caught 33 passes for 577 yards and three scores. The Houston defense is allowing 18.3 points against per game this year.
Houston Texans Team Facts
- The Texans have lost each of their last eight games at NRG Stadium against teams that held a losing record.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in each of the Texans' last six games.
- The Texans have won the first half in each of their last five Sunday games.
- The Texans have lost the first quarter in five of their last six home games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Texans have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five Sunday games.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Facts
- The Buccaneers have lost eight of their last nine Week 9 games.
- The Buccaneers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven Week 9 games.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first half in nine of their last 10 road games following a road loss.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first quarter in four of their last five Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- Each of the Buccaneers' last six games following a loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Houston Texans Player Prop Facts
- Dalton Schultz has scored at least one touchdown in three of his last four appearances against NFC South opponents.
- C.J. Stroud has thrown two touchdowns in each of the Texans' last three games at NRG Stadium.
- Noah Brown has recorded 37+ receiving yards in six of his last seven Sunday home appearances.
- Devin Singletary has recorded 58+ rushing yards in each of his three previous home appearances against NFC South opponents.
- Devin Singletary has recorded 62+ rushing and receiving yards in each of his three previous home appearances against NFC South opponents.
- Andrew Beck is one of only two players in the NFL to have a kick return touchdown this season.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Player Prop Facts
- Chris Godwin has recorded 63+ receiving yards in each of the Buccaneers' last four games following a road loss.
- Russell Gage has scored the last touchdown in three of his last four regular season appearances with his team as an underdog.
- Russell Gage has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last four Sunday appearances with his team as an underdog.
- Rachaad White has recorded 78+ rushing and receiving yards in three of the Buccaneers' last four Sunday games.
- Jake Camarda ranks 1st in the NFC amongst qualified players for gross average yards per punt (52.5) this season.
- The Texans have lost two games from a three-quarter-time lead this season - equal-most in the league.
- The Texans lost two games from a three-quarter-time lead this season (including playoffs) - equal-most in the league.
- The Buccaneers rank 1st in the NFL in average yards per punt this season (52.5).
- The Buccaneers rank T2nd in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (7).
Houston has played better than I thought they would this season, but they are 3-4 on the year and have lost two of their last three games. Tampa Bay has lost three games in a row and they need to find a way to get their offense going. The Buccaneers have scored 18, 13, and 6 points in their last three games, but they will play a Houston defense that has had issues. Tampa Bay played pretty well in their last game against Buffalo and I think they are going to build on that here. I like Baker and the Bucs offense to find success and get the win, but I am going to take them with the points.