Bears vs Saints Prediction - NFL Picks 11/5/23
New Orleans Saints (4-4) vs Chicago Bears (2-6)
Game Info: Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Caesars Superdome)
Betting Odds: New Orleans Saints -8.5 -- Over/Under: 41 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Tyson Bagant Gets Another Start
The Bears have decided that Justin Fields isn’t ready to come back yet and it’s going to be Tyson Bagant who is going ot start again in this game. In his last start against the Los Angeles Chargers he threw for 232 yards, zero touchdowns and two interceptions. He led the Bears to only 13 points and it really was never in question that they were going to lose. Two games ago against the Raiders the Bears were able to secure the 30-12 victory. The Bears are averaging 21.4 points while their defense is giving up 27.3 points per game. Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds is dealing with a knee injury and he’s questionable for this game.
Bears Betting Trends
- The Bears have lost 17 of their last 18 Sunday games.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven Sunday games as road underdogs.
- The Bears have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as moderate underdogs (+3.5 to +7.0 points).
- The Bears have lost the first half in nine of their last 10 Sunday road games.
- Nine of the Bears' last 10 road games following a loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Saints Look to Build on Last Victory
The Saints sit with a 4-4 record overall and they looked quite impressive in the last game against the Colts. The offense scored 38 points and that was enough for the 11 point victory. Derek Carr completed 19 of his 27 passes for 310 yards and two touchdowns. The Saints are averaging 21.4 points while their defense is giving up 19.3 points per game. The offense has been inconsistent but the defense is ranked 9th and they are going to need to find success in this game. Taysom Hill also had two touchdowns in the last game and he should play a big role in this game.
Saints Betting Trends
- The Saints have lost each of their last six home games following a win.
- The Saints have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games at Caesars Superdome following a win.
- The Saints have lost the first half in each of their last four November games against NFC opponents.
- The Saints have lost the first quarter in three of their last four November games as home favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Saints have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven games against NFC opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
Bagant isn’t the answer for the Bears and this game is going to get out of hand early. The Bears gave up 30 points in the last game to the Chargers and their defense is going to have some major issues in this game. The Saints are going to get another big game from Carr here and they will finish with at least 35 points. This is going to be an easy victory for the Saints. Back the Saints against the spread.