Raiders vs Lions Prediction - NFL Picks 10/30/23
Detroit Lions (5-2) vs Las Vegas Raiders (3-4)
Game Info: Monday, October 30, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Ford Field)
Betting Odds: Detroit Lions -8 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Las Vegas Raiders will play the Detroit Lions on Monday Night Football at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan. Las Vegas has won two of their last three games, while Detroit has won four of their last five games.
The Las Vegas Raiders are 3-4 this season after they lost to the Chicago Bears by a score of 30-12 last week. Las Vegas trailed 14-3 at the half and it didn’t get any better for them in the second half. The Raiders were out gained by a total of 323-235 and turned the ball over three times. Las Vegas had won their previous two games against the Patriots and the Packers at home. The Las Vegas offense is scoring 16 points per game with 215.6 passing yards per game and 68.6 rushing yards per game. Jimmy Garoppolo has thrown for 1,079 yards, seven touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Raiders this season. Josh Jacobs has rushed for 347 yards and two touchdowns, while Davante Adams has caught 46 passes for 528 yards and three scores. The Las Vegas defense is allowing 23 points against per game this year.
The Detroit Lions are 5-2 this year after they lost to the Baltimore Ravens by a score of 38-6 last week. Detroit never had a chance in this game, as they allowed 28 unanswered points in the first half. The Lions were out gained by a total of 503-337 and they turned it over on downs four times. Detroit had won their previous four games against Tampa Bay, Carolina, Green Bay, and Atlanta. The Detroit offense is averaging 24.9 points per game with 258.6 passing yards per game and 118.4 rushing yards per game. Jared Goff has thrown for 1,902 yards, 11 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Lions this year. Jahmyr Gibbs has rushed for 247 yards and one touchdown, while Amon-Ra St. Brown has caught 51 passes for 557 yards and three scores. The Detroit defense is giving up 21.6 points against per game this season.
Detroit Lions Team Facts
- The Lions have lost seven of their last eight Week 8 games.
- The Lions have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven Week 8 home games.
- The Lions have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games as home favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Lions have won the first half in 12 of their last 13 games as home favorites following a loss.
- The Lions have lost the first quarter in each of their last two games as home favorites following a road loss.
Las Vegas Raiders Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Raiders' last two Week 8 games.
- The home team has covered the spread in each of the Raiders' last four games.
- The Raiders have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games following a road loss.
- The Raiders have lost the first half in each of their last five October road games against NFC opponents.
- The Raiders have won the first quarter in each of their last two Monday games against teams that held a winning record.
Detroit Lions Player Prop Facts
- Josh Reynolds has scored a touchdown in each of the Lions' last two October games as home favorites.
- Jared Goff has recorded 25+ completions in four of the Lions' last five October games at Ford Field.
- Jared Goff has thrown two or more touchdowns in eight of his last nine October appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Kalif Raymond has recorded 38+ receiving yards in each of the Lions' last five games following a road loss.
- Teddy Bridgewater has recorded 249+ passing yards in four of his last five home appearances against AFC West opponents.
- Cameron Sutton is just two away from 10 career interceptions.
Las Vegas Raiders Player Prop Facts
- Jakobi Meyers has scored a touchdown in each of his last four October appearances against NFC opponents.
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 69+ rushing yards in six of the Raiders' last seven games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- Hunter Renfrow has recorded 13+ receiving yards in 17 of his 18 previous appearances following a road loss.
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 95+ rushing and receiving yards in six of the Raiders' last seven games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- Jakobi Meyers ranks T4th in the NFL in receiving touchdowns (5) this season.
- The Lions rank 3rd in the NFL in time of possession per game this season (33:06).
- The Lions rank 3rd in the NFL in Q1 points per game this season (6.9).
- The Raiders rank 32nd in the NFL in Q3 points per game this season (0.9).
- The Raiders rank 30th in the NFL in points per game this season (16.0).
Detroit comes into this game after getting dominated by the Ravens last week, but I think that was just a fluke. The Lions have played very well just about all season, so it will be interesting to see how they are able to bounce back here. Las Vegas has won two of their last three games, but they are only 1-3 on the road this year. The Raiders offense has been pretty bad this year and I think they are going to have a tough time in this game. Detroit will be fired up to put last week behind them and I think the Lions are the better team all around. Take Detroit to pull away in the second half here.