Texans vs Panthers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Carolina Panthers (0-6) vs Houston Texans (3-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Bank of America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Carolina Panthers +3.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Texans will play the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. Houston has won three out of four games, while Carolina is still searching for their first win of the season.
The Houston Texans are 3-3 this year after they defeated the New Orleans Saints by a score of 20-13 in their last game. Houston led 17-10 at halftime and they were able to hold the Saints to only three points in the second half for the win. The Texans were out gained by a total of 430-297, but did force two turnovers in the game. Houston also has wins over Jacksonville and Pittsburgh this year. The Houston offense is scoring 22.5 points per game with 258.5 passing yards per game and 88.8 rushing yards per game. C.J. Stroud has thrown for 1,660 yards, nine touchdowns, and one interception for the Texans this year. Dameon Pierce has rushed for 281 yards and one touchdown, while Nico Collins has caught 29 passes for 547 yards and three scores. The Houston defense is giving up 18.8 points against per game this season.
The Carolina Panthers are 0-6 this season after they lost to the Miami Dolphins by a score of 42-21 in their last game. Carolina led 14-0 in the first quarter, but was out scored 42-7 the rest of the way for the loss. The Panthers were out gained by a total of 424-296 and forced one turnover in the game. Carolina has lost six games in a row to start the season and has been out scored 84-45 in their last two games. The Carolina offense is averaging 18.7 points per game with 196.7 passing yards per game and 98 rushing yards per game. Bryce Young has thrown for 967 yards, six touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Panthers this season. Chuba Hubbard has rushed for 242 yards and one touchdown, while Adam Thielen (questionable) has caught 49 passes for 509 yards and four scores. The Carolina defense is allowing 31 points against per game this year.
Carolina Panthers Team Facts
- The Panthers have won 10 of their last 11 games against AFC South opponents.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games as underdogs.
- The Panthers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four home games against AFC South opponents.
- The Panthers have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as home underdogs following a road loss.
- The Panthers have lost the first half in eight of their last nine games against AFC opponents.
Houston Texans Team Facts
- The Texans have lost 14 of their last 16 Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Texans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five Sunday games as favorites.
- The Texans have lost the first quarter in each of their last four Sunday games as favorites.
- The Texans have won the first half in each of their last four Sunday games.
- Each of the Texans' last four games following a win have gone UNDER the total points line.
Carolina Panthers Player Prop Facts
- D.J. Chark Jr. has scored a touchdown in each of his last two appearances against the Texans.
- Chuba Hubbard has recorded 35+ rushing yards in each of his last four October appearances with the Panthers as underdogs.
- Terrace Marshall has recorded 30+ receiving yards in four of the Panthers' last five Sunday home games.
- Andy Dalton has recorded 229+ passing yards in 10 of his last 11 October home appearances against AFC opponents.
- Chuba Hubbard has recorded 50+ rushing and receiving yards in each of the Panthers' last seven games played as underdogs on the East Coast.
- Andy Dalton has thrown two or more touchdowns in three of his last four Sunday home appearances.
- Andy Dalton has recorded 21+ completions in six of his last seven Week 8 appearances.
- Eddy Pineiro ranks T5th in the NFL in 50+ yard field goals made (3) this season.
Houston Texans Player Prop Facts
- Dalton Schultz has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last three appearances against NFC South opponents.
- C.J. Stroud has thrown two touchdowns in four of the Texans' last five Sunday games.
- Devin Singletary has recorded 44+ rushing yards in 10 of his last 11 appearances with his team as a favorite against NFC opponents.
- Dalton Schultz has recorded 43+ receiving yards in seven of his last eight regular season appearances against NFC South opponents.
- C.J. Stroud has recorded 242+ passing yards in five of the Texans' last six games.
- Devin Singletary has recorded 48+ rushing and receiving yards in each of his last 11 appearances with his team as a road favorite.
- Davis Mills has recorded 20+ completions in four of his five previous road appearances against NFC opponents.
- Ka'imi Fairbairn ranks T1st in the NFL in made field goals (17) this season.
- The Panthers rank T31st in the NFL in points allowed per game this season (31.0).
- The Panthers rank 31st in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game this season (144.3).
- The Texans rank 2nd in the NFL in average kickoff return (31.5 yards) this season.
- The Texans rank 2nd in the NFL in Q2 opponent points per game this season (2.8).
The Panthers come into this matchup looking for their first win of the season and they will be at home for this matchup, while Houston will look to go above .500 on the season. The Texans have a couple of very good wins this season and they have won three of their last four games. Houston is only 1-2 on the road and their passing attack had a slow game last time out. The Carolina defense has allowed 42, 42, 21, and 37 points in their last four games and I think they will have trouble with Stroud here. I like Houston to go on the road and pick up a nice win and cover for us.