Ravens vs Cardinals Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Arizona Cardinals (1-6) vs Baltimore Ravens (5-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4:25 pm (State Farm Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona Cardinals +7.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Baltimore Ravens and Arizona Cardinals face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at the University of Phoenix Stadium.
Who Starts at Quarterback for the Cardinals?
Kyler Murray has been taken off the injury report, but it’s still unclear if he’s going to start in this game. Coach Jonathan Gannon has said he’s healthy, but it’s still unclear if he or Joshua Dobbs will start in this game. Joshua Dobbs is a fine quarterback, but if Murray is back, that is going to be a huge upgrade for the offense. On the season the Cardinals sit with a 1-6 record overall and the question is does this team want to play for the first overall pick? Arizona is averaging 18.1 points while their defense is giving up 26 points per game.
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Cardinals have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five October games as underdogs.
- The Cardinals have lost the first half in eight of their last nine games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Cardinals have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six Sunday games at State Farm Stadium.
- The Cardinals have won the first quarter in each of their last two games at State Farm Stadium against teams that held a winning record.
Ravens Looked Dominant in the Last Game
The Ravens comes into this game with a 5-2 record overall and in the last game against the Lions they looked dominant. The Ravens scored 38 points and that ended up leading to the 38-6 victory. Lamar Jackson completed 21 of his 27 passes for 357 yards and three touchdowns. Gus Edwards finished with 14 carries for 64 yards and a touchdown. Even though the offense got the attention, the defense was dominant, and it’s not being talked about enough. The Ravens are averaging 24.4 points while their defense is giving up 13.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 10th while the defense is ranked 1st.
Ravens Betting Trends
- The Ravens have lost each of their last four games as road favorites following a home win.
- The Ravens have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine October games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Ravens have won the first quarter in each of their last seven games.
- The Ravens have won the first half in each of their last seven games as road favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Ravens have scored the first touchdown in each of their last eight Sunday games as favorites.
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t care who starts for the Cardinals here, the Ravens are going to dominate this game. The Ravens won the last game 38-6 and they are going to find success again in this game, especially with the defense. The Cardinals are going to struggle to score here and they are going to finish with 10 points or less. This is going to be a blowout victory for the Ravens. Back the Ravens against the spread.