Rams vs Cowboys Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Dallas Cowboys (4-2) vs Los Angeles Rams (3-4)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm (AT&T Stadium)
Betting Odds: Dallas Cowboys -6 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Rams and Dallas Cowboys face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at AT&T Stadium.
Rams Need to Make a Statement
The Rams come into this game with a 3-4 record and they are coming off a disappointing loss in the last game. The Rams actually weren’t in trouble much of the game, but they were outscored 14-0 in the 4th quarter, and that led to the defeat. Matthew Stafford completed 14 of his 29 passes for 231 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Royce Freeman was the top rusher and he finished with 66 yards. The Rams on the season are averaging 22.1 points while their defense is giving up 20.1 points per game. Kyren Williams is on the IR with an ankle injury. In this game the running game is going to need to be good.
Rams Betting Trends
- The Rams have won each of their last two games as road underdogs against NFC East opponents.
- The Rams have covered the spread in five of their last six games as underdogs following a loss.
- The Rams have lost the first half in five of their last six October games against NFC opponents.
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven Week 8 games.
- The Rams have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as underdogs following a loss.
Cowboys Look to Continue to Take Steps Forward
The Cowboys comes into this game with a 4-2 record overall and they are coming off a bye week. In the last game against the Los Angeles Chargers, the Cowboys scored only 20 points, but they held on for the three point victory. Dak Prescott completed 21 of his 30 passes for 272 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. The Cowboys are averaging 25.7 points while their defense is giving up 16.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 5th and in this game the offense is going to need to be good here.
Cowboys Betting Trends
- The Cowboys have won each of their last 10 home games.
- The Cowboys have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games as home favorites against NFC West opponents.
- The home team has won the first quarter in each of the Cowboys' last five Week 8 games.
- The Cowboys have won the first half in each of their last four Sunday games against the Rams.
- The Cowboys have scored the first touchdown in each of their last six Sunday games at AT&T Stadium.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Rams are going to keep this game close. Even though the Cowboys won the last game, if it wasn’t for a late mistake by the Chargers, they could have lost that game. I think Freeman is going to have a bigger game on the ground and that is going to take some pressure off of Stafford. Even though the Cowboys defense has been good, the Rams offense is going to find success here, and that will be enough for the Rams to cover the spread.