New York Giants (2-5) vs New York Jets (3-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm (MetLife Stadium)
Betting Odds: New York Giants +3 -- Over/Under: 35.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Jets will play the New York Giants on Sunday afternoon at MetLife Stadium in New York. The Jets have won two games in a row, while the Giants did snap their losing streak with their win last week.
The New York Jets are 3-3 this year after they defeated the Philadelphia Eagles by a score of 20-14 in their last game. New York trailed 14-9 at halftime, but they held Philadelphia scoreless in the second half and scored with 1:46 left for the win. The Jets were out gained by a total of 348-244 and forced four turnovers in the game. New York defeated the Denver Broncos by a score of 31-21 in the game prior. The New York Jets offense is scoring 18.8 points per game with 159.5 passing yards per game and 117.5 rushing yards per game. Zach Wilson has thrown for 1,097 yards, four touchdowns, and five interceptions for the Jets this season. Breece Hall has rushed for 426 yards and two touchdowns, while Garrett Wilson has caught 32 passes for 369 yards and two scores. The New York Jets defense is giving up 19.8 points against per game this season.
The New York Giants are 2-5 this season after they defeated the Washington Commanders by a score of 14-7 last week. New York led 14-0 at halftime and they were able to hang on for the win, despite not scoring in the second half. The Giants out gained Washington by a total of 356-273, but did turn the ball over twice in the win. New York’s only other win this season came against Arizona in Week 2. The New York Giants offense is averaging 12.1 points per game with 178.6 passing yards per game and 99.9 rushing yards per game. Tyrod Taylor has thrown for 571 yards and two touchdowns for the Giants this season. Saquon Barkley has rushed for 284 yards and one touchdown, while Darren Waller (questionable) has caught 35 passes for 380 yards and one score. The New York Giants defense is allowing 24.9 points against per game this year.
New York Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have lost each of their last six games following a win.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five home games following a home win.
- The Giants have lost the first quarter in five of their last six home games.
- The Giants have lost the first half in each of their last six games following a win.
- Each of the Giants' last seven October games as underdogs have gone UNDER the total points line.
New York Jets Team Facts
- The Jets have lost each of their last three games as favorites.
- The Jets have covered the spread in seven of their last eight October games as favorites.
- The Jets have lost the first quarter in each of their last six games.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Jets' last six games.
- Seven of the Jets' last eight games as road favorites following a home win have gone UNDER the total points line.
New York Giants Player Prop Facts
- Matt Breida has scored a touchdown in each of the Giants' last two games following a win.
- Matt Breida has recorded 37+ rushing yards in four of his five previous appearances with his team as a home underdog against AFC opponents.
- Darius Slayton has recorded 31+ receiving yards in five of the Giants' last six games against AFC East opponents.
- Deonte Banks recorded a career-high 7 total tackles in his previous game (including playoffs).
New York Jets Player Prop Facts
- Breece Hall has scored a touchdown in six of his seven previous October appearances.
- Dalvin Cook has recorded 26+ rushing yards in each of his 44 previous regular season appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Allen Lazard has recorded 35+ receiving yards in 10 of his last 11 Sunday appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Zach Wilson has recorded 19+ completions in four of his five previous October appearances at MetLife Stadium.
- Dalvin Cook has recorded 37+ rushing and receiving yards in each of his 44 previous regular season appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Jordan Whitehead ranks T2nd in the NFL in interceptions (3) this season.
- The Giants rank 32nd in the NFL in punt return yards per game this season (5.4).
- The Giants rank 2nd in the NFL in total punt yards this season (1613).
- The Jets rank 32nd in the NFL in red zone percentage this season (29.4%).
- The Jets rank 32nd in the NFL in Q1 points per game this season (0.8).
This should be an exciting game to watch, as we have the battle of New York here. The Jets have won two games in a row and nearly beat the Chiefs three games ago. The Giants did get the win last week against Washington, but they only scored 14 points, all in the first half, in the game. This Giants offense has been brutal this season, as they have scored 14, 9, 16, 3, and 12 points in their last five games. I don’t think the Giants offense will get much better here, as the Jets defense has been very solid. I think we are going to see a lower scoring game and I like the under here.