Jaguars at Steelers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (5-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Acrisure Stadium)
Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers +2.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Pittsburgh Steelers will host the Jacksonville Jaguars for an AFC matchup this Sunday from Acrisure Stadium on CBS.
Jacksonville Jaguars Preview
Jacksonville moved to 5-2 after defeating New Orleans on the road, 31-24. The Jaguars controlled the flow of the entire contest, and they’ll look to win a fifth straight game this weekend. The Jacksonville offense is scoring 24.7 ppg, while passing for 237.7 ypg, rushing for 113.4 ypg, and converting 4% of their third downs.
Jaguars Player Props
• Trevor Lawrence showed a lot of guts by playing in the Dome on a short week, and he delivered with 204 passing yards and a touchdown, while rushing for a season-best 59 yards. The former number one overall pick has been sharp over the past four weeks, and he’ll look to close the month strong here in Pittsburgh. Lawrence has thrown for 1,643 yards, with eight touchdowns to three interceptions thru seven games.
• Travis Etienne Jr. has scored multiple touchdowns in three straight games, and he leads the Jags in rushing with 504 yards on 127 touches.
• Christian Kirk has remained Lawrence’s favorite target this season, and he leads the team with 474 receiving yards on 39 catches.
• Calvin Ridley has been up-and-down thru the first half of the season, but he’s posting splits of 27/368/2.
• Evan Engram has caught five passes or more in six of the previous seven games, and he leads Jacksonville in receptions (41) for 346 yards receiving.
• The Jacksonville defense is allowing 20.9 points per game.
Pittsburgh Steelers Preview
Pittsburgh moved to 4-2 after defeating the LA Rams on the road by seven, 24-17. The Steelers used two four quarter touchdowns to defeat LAR, and they’ll look to win their third straight contest this Sunday. The Pittsburgh offense is scoring 17.2 ppg, while passing for 212.5 ypg, rushing for 81.3 ypg, and converting 36.5% of their third downs.
Steelers Player Props
• Kenny Pickett played well on the road last week, protecting the football, while passing for 230 yards, and rushing for a score. The former Pitt QB has responded to a rough start in Houston with a pair of victories over playoff hopefuls, and he’ll now look to slow Jacksonville down this Sunday at home. Pickett has passed for 1,257 yards, with five touchdowns to four interceptions thru six games.
• Najee Harris found the endzone for the first time this season in the win over LAR, and he leads Pittsburgh in rushing yards (300).
• George Pickens has officially arrived, and after reaching the 105-yard mark in three of his last five games, he leads the Steelers in receptions (27) and receiving yards (500).
• Diontae Johnson returned against the Rams, and caught five passes for 79 yards.
• The Pittsburgh defense is allowing 121.2 points per game.
Jacksonville vs Pittsburgh Trends
• JAX is 4-3 against the spread, with a 4-3 O/U record.
• PITT is 4-2 ATS, with a 4-2 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
The American conference is deeper than Kansas City, Buffalo, Baltimore, and Miami, as the potential winner of the AFC South has a real chance to take the next step this season in Jacksonville. The Jags have shaken off a 1-2 start to pin four straight wins, and they can head into their bye week by closing a flawless month here in Pittsburgh. Nothing will come easy here against the Steelers, but I like trusting what Dougy P has built in Duval versus a makeshift Kenny Pickett-led offense. Back Jacksonville on the road for this matchup on Sunday.