Falcons at Titans Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Tennessee Titans (2-4) vs Atlanta Falcons (4-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Nissan Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tennessee Titans +2.5 -- Over/Under: 35.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Atlanta Titans will head to Nashville to meet the Tennessee Titans this weekend from Nissan Stadium on CBS.
Atlanta Falcons Preview
Atlanta moved to 4-3 after defeating Tampa Bay on the road by three, 16-13. The Falcons got another walkoff field goal from Younghoe Koo to get back into the win column, and they’ll look to double down here in Nashville. The Atlanta offense is scoring 16.6 ppg, while passing for 219.0 ypg, rushing for 121.6 ypg, and converting 38.5% of their third downs.
Falcons Player Props
• Desmond Ridder passed the ball well last week in Tampa, but three red zone fumbles nearly altered the final result. The former 3rd round pick has improved over the last three weeks, but he’ll have to avoid coughing it up to a scrappy Titans team. Ridder has passed for 1,630 yards, with six touchdowns to six interceptions thru seven games.
• Bijan Robinson got one carry before an illness would keep him out for the remainder of the contest, but he still leads the Falcons in rushing with 404 yards on 81 carries.
• Drake London has caught six passes or more in three straight games, and he leads Atlanta in receptions (32) and receiving yards (383).
• Kyle Pitts had a quiet day against Tampa, and he’ll look to bounce back here against the Titans. The former Florida tight end is second on the team with splits of 28/309/1.
• The Atlanta defense is allowing 19.2 points per game.
Tennessee Titans Preview
Tennessee fell to 2-4 after losing to Baltimore in London by eight, 24-16. The Titans weren’t able to overcome a two-score halftime lead, and they’ll look to bounce back here at home. The Tennessee offense is scoring 17.6 ppg, while passing for 210.8 ypg, rushing for 106.6 ypg, and converting 37.1% of their third downs.
Titans Player Props
• Ryan Tannehill will miss this contest, and the Titans are set to play both Will Levis and Malik Willis. This will mark Levis’ first taste of regular season action, while Willis played a small amount in relief against Baltimore last week.
• Derrick Henry bounced back with a 97-yard outing against Baltimore, and he leads the Titans in rushing with 425 yards on 98 carries.
• DeAndre Hopkins had a big game against the Colts, and he leads his new team in receptions (27) and receiving yards (376) early on.
• The Tennessee defense is allowing 18.6 points per game.
Atlanta vs Tennessee Trends
• ATL is 3-4 against the spread, with a 2-5 O/U record.
• TEN is 2-4 ATS, with a 2-4 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
Mike Vrabel has been one of the best underdog coaches in the league since they ended the Tom Brady/Bill Belichick regime back in 2020, and despite the questions at the quarterback position, I believe they're going to fight hard here at home. Jeffrey Simmons questioned the team’s will after dropping to 2-4, and this is quietly a turning point in their season. The trade of Kevin Byard may show and will hurt, along with the absence of Ryan Tannehill, but Vrabel’s going to have this bunch ready to go. Throw in Arthur Smith returning to face his former squad, and we’ve got the elements of a physical battle. The noticeably low total may be worth a look, but let’s test the longtime duo of Mike Vrabel and Derrick Henry at home here, and roll with Tennessee, as their season’s fate is weighing on the balance.