Eagles vs Commanders Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Washington Commanders (3-4) vs Philadelphia Eagles (6-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm (FedEx Field)
Betting Odds: Washington Commanders +7 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Philadelphia Eagles will play the Washington Commanders on Sunday afternoon at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland. Philadelphia bounced back from their first loss of the season with a nice win last week, while Washington has lost four of their last five games.
The Philadelphia Eagles are 6-1 this season after they defeated the Miami Dolphins by a score of 31-17 last week. Philadelphia led 17-10 at halftime, but they were tied at 17 in the third quarter, before they finished the game on a 14-0 run for the win. The Eagles out gained Miami by a total of 355-244, but they did turn the ball over twice. Prior to that win, Philadelphia lost by a score of 20-14 to the Jets. The Philadelphia offense is scoring 26.6 points per game with 246.6 passing yards per game and 142.7 rushing yards per game. Jalen Hurts has thrown for 1,821 yards, nine touchdowns, and eight interceptions for the Eagles this season. D’Andre Swift has rushed for 514 yards and two touchdowns, while A.J. Brown has caught 52 passes for 809 yards and three scores. The Philadelphia defense is allowing 20.1 points against per game this year.
The Washington Commanders are 3-4 this year after they lost to the New York Giants by a score of 14-7 in their last game. Washington only allowed 14 points on defense, but they only managed one score in the game, which came on a Brian Robinson Jr. touchdown run in the third quarter. The Commanders were out gained by a total of 356-273 and went 1-15 on third downs in the loss. Washington’s only win in their last five games came against the Falcons in the game prior to New York. The Washington offense is averaging 20 points per game with 211.7 passing yards per game and 86.1 rushing yards per game. Sam Howell has thrown for 1,749 yards, nine touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Commanders this season. Brian Robinson Jr. has rushed for 325 yards and four scores, while Terry McLaurin has caught 37 passes for 432 yards and one touchdown. The Washington defense is giving up 27.1 points against per game this season.
Washington Commanders Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Commanders' last three games.
- The Commanders have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games following a Division loss.
- The Commanders have lost the first quarter in each of their last five home games in October.
- The Commanders have lost the first half in five of their last six games as home underdogs.
- Each of the Commanders' last seven Sunday games played on the East Coast have gone UNDER the total points line.
Philadelphia Eagles Team Facts
- The Eagles have won 13 of their last 14 games before a Division game.
- The Eagles have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight Sunday games.
- The Eagles have lost the first quarter in each of their last two games at FedExField against teams that held a losing record.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last seven road games.
Washington Commanders Player Prop Facts
- Brian Robinson has scored a touchdown in four of the Commanders' last five games against NFC opponents.
- Brian Robinson has recorded 44+ rushing yards in each of his last seven Sunday appearances at FedExField.
- Terry McLaurin has recorded 70+ receiving yards in each of the Commanders' last six games against NFC East opponents.
- Jacoby Brissett has recorded 234+ passing yards in each of his last three October appearances against NFC opponents.
- Brian Robinson has recorded 51+ rushing and receiving yards in 10 of his last 11 Sunday appearances.
- Jacoby Brissett has recorded 21+ completions in each of his last four Sunday home appearances.
- Kendall Fuller is just three away from 20 career interceptions (including playoffs).
Philadelphia Eagles Player Prop Facts
- Jalen Hurts has thrown two or more touchdowns in six of the Eagles' last seven games as favorites against NFC East opponents.
- Jalen Hurts has recorded 22+ completions in each of the Eagles' last six Sunday games as favorites.
- Jalen Hurts has recorded 279+ passing yards in each of the Eagles' last five October games as favorites.
- Jalen Hurts has scored at least one touchdown in 10 of the Eagles' last 11 games as favorites following a win.
- Julio Jones has recorded 29+ receiving yards in each of his last 19 October appearances against NFC opponents.
- Marcus Mariota has recorded 25+ rushing yards in each of his last six appearances against conference opponents.
- D'Andre Swift has recorded 86+ rushing and receiving yards in five of his last six appearances against NFC opponents.
- Jake Elliott ranks T1st in the NFL in made field goals (17) this season.
- The Commanders rank 31st in the NFL in 3rd down percentage this season (29.4%).
- The Commanders rank 31st in the NFL in Q1 opponent points per game this season (7.3).
- The Eagles rank 1st in the NFL in time of possession per game this season (35:04).
- The Eagles rank T1st in the NFL in H1 win percentage this season (85.7).
Washington comes into this game really struggling, and they will play a very good Philadelphia team in this matchup. The Commanders looked very bad on offense last week, but they did score 24, 20, and 31 points in the previous three games. Philadelphia only has one loss on the season and they were able to beat a good Miami team last week. The Eagles should have a big offensive day against this Washington defense that is allowing almost 400 yards per game. These two teams did play a few weeks ago, with Philadelphia winning by a score of 34-31 in overtime. I don’t love this number being at seven, so I am going to look at the total. I think we are going to see some points in this game, especially with this poor Washington defense. Take the over here.