Chiefs vs Broncos Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Denver Broncos (2-5) vs Kansas City Chiefs (6-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4:25 pm (Empower Field at Mile High)
Betting Odds: Denver Broncos +7.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Kansas City Chiefs will play the Denver Broncos on Sunday afternoon at Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado. Kansas City has won six games in a row, while Denver has lost two of their last three games.
The Kansas City Chiefs are 6-1 this season after they defeated the Los Angeles Chargers by a score of 31-17 last week. Kansas City scored 24 points in the first half, but it was their defense that stepped up to pitch a shutout after halftime. The Chiefs out gained LA by a total of 483-358 and both teams turned the ball over twice in the game. Kansas City lost their season opener to Detroit, but they have won all six games since. The Kansas City offense is scoring 25.4 points per game with 285.4 passing yards per game and 111.3 rushing yards per game. Patrick Mahomes has thrown for 2,017 yards, 15 touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Chiefs this season. Isiah Pacheco has rushed for 419 yards and three scores, while Travis Kelce has caught 48 passes for 525 yards and four touchdowns. The Kansas City defense is giving up 15 points against per game this season.
The Denver Broncos are 2-5 this year after they defeated the Green Bay Packers by a score of 19-17 in their last game. Denver led 9-0 at the half, but they trailed 17-16 in the fourth quarter, before kicking the go-ahead field goal with about four minutes left. The Broncos out gained Green Bay by a total of 339-331 and forced one turnover in the win. Denver’s only other win so far this season came by a score of 31-28 against the Bears. The Denver offense is averaging 21.1 points per game with 199.4 passing yards per game and 111.6 rushing yards per game. Russell Wilson has thrown for 1,499 yards, 13 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Broncos this year. Javonte Williams has rushed for 272 yards, while Courtland Sutton has caught 31 passes for 351 yards and five scores. The Denver defense is allowing 31 points against per game this year.
Denver Broncos Team Facts
- The Broncos have lost each of their last seven October home games against AFC opponents.
- The Broncos have covered the spread in each of their last seven Week 8 games at Empower Field at Mile High.
- The Broncos have won the first quarter in each of their last two Week 8 games as home underdogs.
- The home team has won the first half in nine of the Broncos' last 10 games.
- Each of the Broncos' last 10 home games following a home win have gone UNDER the total points line.
Kansas City Chiefs Team Facts
- The Chiefs have won each of their last 13 games against AFC West opponents.
- The Chiefs have covered the spread in 10 of their last 12 road games in October.
- The Chiefs have won the first quarter in five of their last six Sunday games against the Broncos.
- The Chiefs have won the first half in each of their last eight games against AFC opponents.
- The Chiefs have scored the first touchdown in each of their last eight games as favorites against AFC opponents.
Denver Broncos Player Prop Facts
- Courtland Sutton has scored a touchdown in four of the Broncos' last five games against AFC opponents.
- Russell Wilson has thrown four touchdowns in each of his two previous Week 8 home appearances.
- Russell Wilson has recorded 23+ rushing yards in each of his last six appearances with his team as an underdog against AFC West opponents.
- Russell Wilson has recorded 210+ passing yards in six of his last seven Week 8 appearances.
- Russell Wilson has recorded 20+ completions in each of the Broncos' last four Sunday games.
- Samaje Perine has recorded 15+ receiving yards in each of the Broncos' last six Sunday games.
- Javonte Williams has recorded 64+ rushing and receiving yards in five of his last six home appearances against conference opponents.
- Nik Bonitto ranks T2nd in the league for tackles for loss (9) this season.
Kansas City Chiefs Player Prop Facts
- Patrick Mahomes II has thrown three or more touchdowns in five of the Chiefs' last seven games as favorites against AFC West opponents.
- Patrick Mahomes II has recorded 29+ completions in four of the Chiefs' last five games against AFC opponents.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling has recorded 18+ receiving yards in eight of his last nine road appearances against division opponents.
- Patrick Mahomes II has recorded 292+ passing yards in six of the Chiefs' last seven games as favorites against AFC West opponents.
- Patrick Mahomes II has recorded 28+ rushing yards in seven of the Chiefs' last eight regular season games.
- Isiah Pacheco has scored a touchdown in each of the Chiefs' last four Sunday games as favorites.
- Patrick Mahomes II ranks T2nd in the NFL in passing touchdowns (15) this season.
- The Broncos rank 1st in the NFL in average kickoff return (35.2 yards) this season.
- The Broncos rank 1st in the NFL in average punt return this season (18.5 yards).
- The Chiefs rank T1st in the NFL in H1 win percentage this season (85.7).
- The Chiefs rank 2nd in the NFL in points allowed per game this season (15.0).
Kansas City comes into this matchup playing very well and they are the hottest team in the NFL right now, while Denver is just looking to put back to back wins together for the first time this season. These two teams played on October 12th, with Kansas City winning 19-8 at home. The Chiefs only scored 19 points in the first matchup, but I think they will score more here, against a Denver defense that is allowing 440 yards against per game. On the flip side, the Kansas City defense has been great this year and hasn’t allowed more than 20 points in five straight games. A lot of the signs point to Kansas City being the pick here, but I am going to take the Broncos at home. Kansas City has won their last two road games by 7 and 3 points, and I think just playing two games ago will help the Broncos, so I am going to take Denver to keep this within a touchdown.