Browns vs Seahawks Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Seattle Seahawks (4-2) vs Cleveland Browns (4-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4:05 pm (Lumen Field)
Betting Odds: Seattle Seahawks -3.5 -- Over/Under: 38 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks face off on Sunday in an NFL showdown at Lumen Field.
Deshaun Watson out for Browns
There are a lot of rumors swirling around why Deshaun Watson is out for this weekend but the most important thing in terms of this game is that he won’t be playing. Getting the start in this game for the Browns will be PJ Walker. In his last start against the Indianapolis Colts he completed 15 of his 32 passes for 178 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. There were also concerns that Jerome Ford might be out of this game, but his ankle has responded well, and he is now questionable for this game. The Browns are averaging 22.3 points while their defense is giving up 19.2 points per game.
Browns Betting Trends
- The Browns have lost each of their last seven games played on the West Coast.
- The Browns have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games following a win.
- The Browns have lost the first half in eight of their last nine Sunday games as underdogs.
- The Browns have lost the first quarter in nine of their last 10 road games in October.
- Five of the Browns' last six road games against NFC opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Seahawks Look for Fifth Win
The Seahawks comes into this game with a 4-2 record overall and they are coming off another victory in the last game. The Seahawks gave up only 10 points against the Arizona Cardinals, and that led to the 10 point victory. Geno Smith completed 18 of his 24 passes for 219 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. The Seahawks are averaging 24 points while their defense is giving up 19.7 points per game. The offense is ranked 11th while the defense is ranked 12th. Zach Charbonnet missed the last game with a hamstring injury but it looks like he’s going to be able to go in this game.
Seahawks Betting Trends
- The Seahawks have lost each of their last four games as favorites following a Division game.
- The Seahawks have covered the spread in each of their last five October games at Lumen Field.
- The Seahawks have won the first half in seven of their last eight Week 8 games.
- The Seahawks have scored the first touchdown in 10 of their last 11 home games against AFC opponents.
- The Seahawks have lost the first quarter in each of their last two games as home favorites against AFC North opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
There are better games to bet on, but I do think the Browns can find success in this game. I trust Walker, and Ford being back is also a big key for the Browns. Geno Smith is going to turn the ball over at least one time in this game, and the Browns defense has done a good job of creating turnovers. The Browns offense is going to find success here and they will keep this game close. Back the Browns against the spread.