Bengals vs 49ers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
San Francisco 49ers (5-2) vs Cincinnati Bengals (3-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 4:25 pm (Levi's Stadium)
Betting Odds: San Francisco 49ers -4-- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cincinnati Bengals and San Francisco 49ers face off on Sunday in the NFL showdown at Levi’s Stadium.
Bengals Finally Figuring It Out?
The Bengals come into this game with a 3-3 record overall and they have won two games in a row. In the last game against the Seattle Seahawks, the defense gave up only 13 points and that led to the four point victory. Joe Burrow had a strong game completing 24 of his 35 passes for 185 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. The Bengals on the season is averaging 16.7 points while their defense is giving up 21.2 points per game. The offense is ranked 28th and they need the offense to be good in this game.
Bengals Betting Trends
Cincinnati Bengals Team Facts
- The Bengals have won each of their last seven games against NFC opponents.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in seven of their last eight road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bengals have lost the first half in five of their last six games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- Each of the Bengals' last eight games as road underdogs have gone UNDER the total points line.
Will Sam Darnold Start for 49ers?
All signs are pointing towards Sam Darnold starting for the 49ers as Brock Purdy is currently in the concussion protocol. After winning their first five games of the season, the 49ers have lost two straight games. In the last game against the Vikings the offense only scored 17 points and that wasn’t enough to get the job done. Deebo Samuel missed the last game with a shoulder injury and it doesn’t look like he will be back for a couple of weeks. The 49ers are averaging 28.7 points while their defense is giving up 15.6 points per game. The offense is ranked 2nd while the defense is ranked 3rd.
49ers Betting Trends
- The 49ers have won each of their last 13 games in California.
- The 49ers have covered the spread in each of their last 10 home games.
- The 49ers have won the first quarter in each of their last seven October games at Levi's Stadium.
- The 49ers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last five games as favorites against AFC North opponents.
- The 49ers have won the first half in each of their last seven Sunday home games.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Bengals are going to keep this game close, and they might even win this game outright. I don’t really trust Purdy or Darnold here, and the 49ers offense is going to have issues again in this game. The Bengals are averaging only 16.7 points per game but they are going to go over that number here. Burrow is going to have a big game here, and that will be the difference as the Bengals are going to keep this game close.