Bears vs Chargers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/29/23
Los Angeles Chargers (2-4) vs Chicago Bears (2-5)
Game Info: Sunday, October 29, 2023 at 8:20 pm (SoFi Stadium)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Chargers -8.5 -- Over/Under: 46.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Bears and Los Angeles Chargers face off on Sunday Night Football in an NFL showdown at SoFI Stadium.
Tyson Bagnet Makes Second Start for Bears
The Bears come into this game with a 2-5 record but in the last game, Tyson Bagnet led them to a victory. Against the Las Vegas Raiders, the Bears scored 30 points and that was enough for the 18 point victory. Bagnet completed 21 of his 29 passes for 162 yards and a touchdown. D’Onta Foreman finished with 16 carries for 89 yards and two touchdowns. The Bears are averaging 22.6 points while their defense is giving up 26.9 points per game. The offense is ranked 13th in the league while the defense is ranked 28th.
Bears Betting Trends
- The Bears have lost each of their last seven games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in each of their last nine Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The home team has won the first half in eight of the Bears' last nine Week 8 games.
- The Bears have lost the first quarter in each of their last two games against teams that held a losing record.
- Nine of the Bears' last 10 games against AFC opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Are the Chargers Just Bad?
Everyone seems to be holding onto hope for the Chargers but it just seems they might actually be bad. The Chargers sit with a 2-4 record overall and if they lose this game, it will basically be season over. In the lastt game against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Chargers were defeated 31-17. Justin Herbert completed 17 of his 30 passes for 259 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. The Chargers on the season are averaging 24 points while their defense is giving up 25.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 11th but the defense has let them down and is ranked 25th.
Chargers Betting Trends
- The Chargers have lost each of their last four Week 8 games as favorites.
- The Chargers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four Week 8 games as favorites.
- The Chargers have lost the first quarter in three of their last four October games as favorites.
- The Chargers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last seven home games.
- The Chargers have won the first half in six of their last seven games against teams that held a losing record.
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t trust the Chargers to beat many teams by more than a touchdown. The Bears offense looked good in the last game, and I think Bagnet will have a solid game again here. It might not be enough for the Bears to win this game, but he will lead them to enough offensive success to keep this game close. Look for this game to finish 21-17 or 24-20 and this game is going to be a cover by the Bears.