49ers vs Vikings Prediction - NFL Picks 10/23/23
Minnesota Vikings (2-4) vs San Francisco 49ers (5-1)
Game Info: Monday, October 23, 2023 at 8:15 pm (U.S. Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Vikings +7 -- Over/Under: 44 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco 49ers will play the Minnesota Vikings on Monday Night Football at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. San Francisco is coming off of their first loss of the season, while Minnesota has won two of their last three games.
The San Francisco 49ers are 5-1 this season after they lost to the Cleveland Browns by a score of 19-17 in their last game. San Francisco led 10-0 in the second quarter and 10-7 at the half, but Cleveland out scored them 12-7 in the second half for the loss. The 49ers were out gained by a total of 334-215 and went 3-12 on third downs in the game. San Francisco had won their previous five games against the Steelers, Rams, Giants, Cardinals, and Cowboys. The San Francisco offense is averaging 30.7 points per game with 223 passing yards per game and 148.3 rushing yards per game. Brock Purdy has thrown for 1,396 yards, 10 touchdowns, and one interception for the 49ers this season. Christian McCaffrey (questionable) has rushed for 553 yards and seven scores, while Brandon Aiyuk has caught 25 passes for 454 yards and two touchdowns. The San Francisco defense is allowing 14.5 points against per game this season.
The Minnesota Vikings are 2-4 this year after they defeated the Chicago Bears by a score of 19-13 in their last game. Minnesota led 3-0 after the first quarter and 12-6 at the half, and was able to hold off the Chicago comeback attempt. The Vikings were out gained by a total of 275-220, but did force three turnovers in the win. Minnesota has also defeated the Carolina Panthers this season, but they have lost to Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, the Chargers, and Kansas City. The Minnesota offense is averaging 21.5 points per game with 263.7 passing yards per game and 75 rushing yards per game. Kirk Cousins has thrown for 1,679 yards, 14 touchdowns, and four interceptions for the Vikings this year. Alexander Mattison has rushed for 320 yards, while T.J. Hockenson has caught 36 passes for 304 yards and two scores. The Minnesota defense is giving up 22.5 points against per game this year.
Minnesota Vikings Team Facts
- The Vikings have won seven of their last eight October games against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have lost the first half in eight of their last nine games as underdogs.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in each of their last four games following a road win.
San Francisco 49ers Team Facts
- The 49ers have won each of their last 12 games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The 49ers have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine Week 7 games.
- The 49ers have won the first quarter in each of their last four games following a road loss.
- The 49ers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last six games as favorites.
- The 49ers have won the first half in nine of their last 10 Monday games.
Minnesota Vikings Player Prop Facts
- Kirk Cousins has thrown two or more touchdowns in each of the Vikings' last six games at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Alexander Mattison has scored a touchdown in each of the Vikings' last three games against NFC West opponents.
- Kirk Cousins has recorded 29+ completions in each of the Vikings' last six games at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Kirk Cousins has recorded 273+ passing yards in each of the Vikings' last six home games.
- T.J. Hockenson has recorded 51+ receiving yards in each of the Vikings' last five games following a win.
- Cam Akers has recorded 33+ rushing and receiving yards in five of his last six home appearances against NFC opponents.
- Cam Akers has recorded 29+ rushing yards in each of his last five appearances with his team as an underdog against NFC opponents.
- Kirk Cousins ranks T1st in the NFL in passing touchdowns (14) this season.
San Francisco 49ers Player Prop Facts
- George Kittle has scored at least one touchdown in three of his last four Monday appearances.
- Brock Purdy has recorded 252+ passing yards in each of the 49ers' last three games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- Brock Purdy has thrown two or more touchdowns in nine of the 49ers' last 12 regular season games as favorites.
- Elijah Mitchell has recorded 35+ rushing yards in each of his 11 previous regular season appearances with the 49ers as favorites against NFC opponents.
- Elijah Mitchell has recorded 43+ rushing and receiving yards in 13 of his 14 previous regular season appearances against NFC opponents.
- Jauan Jennings has recorded 18+ receiving yards in each of his last six October appearances with the 49ers as favorites.
- Brock Purdy ranks 1st in the league for TD:INT ratio (10.00) this season.
- The Vikings rank 31st in the NFL in Q3 opponent points per game this season (7.0).
- The Vikings rank 30th in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season (75.0).
- The 49ers rank T1st in the NFL in Q1 opponent points per game this season (1.0).
- The 49ers rank 1st in the NFL in Q4 opponent points per game this season (2.0).
Both of these teams come into this game dealing with some injuries, but the 49ers are the more banged up team. San Francisco had a rough day against the Browns last weekend and their offense only racked up 215 total yards, but they will face a bad Minnesota defense here. Minnesota got the win last week against Chicago, but it wasn’t pretty. It is tough to know what to expect with the San Francisco offense, as we aren’t sure who is going to play, but the 49ers defense is much better than Minnesota’s. I like San Francisco to win by a touchdown here.